Home Open Account Help 375 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BNSF Southern Transcon Amarillo to CHI

Date: 01/16/18 17:31
BNSF Southern Transcon Amarillo to CHI
Author: MNNRfan

I was wondering how long it took the hottest train on the RR to get from Amarillo, TX to CHI?

How about the coldest train on the RR?

Also, while not right on the Transcon are there any Lubbock, Tx to CHI symboled trains?

Thanks!

Posted from Android

Date: 01/18/18 13:25
Re: BNSF Southern Transcon Amarillo to CHI
Author: mapboy

MNNRfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was wondering how long it took the hottest train
> on the RR to get from Amarillo, TX to CHI?

The fastest Z9 I saw did 46.7 MPH, including crew changes, from mid-Missouri to Mojave and Victorville, CA.  It's about 965 rail miles between Amarillo and Chicago, on flatter ground and faster track than west of Amarillo.  I bet on a good day a Z9 could average 50 MPH, so 965 miles at 50 MPH= 19 1/3 hours.  
>
> How about the coldest train on the RR?

It looks like Chicago traffic would move to Eola or Galesburg, then to Tulsa via H GALTUL9, then via H TULLUB1.  I'm guessing four days to do that.  When the system is really bogged down (like summer, 2014), it's common for manifests to be 2-3 days late.
>
> Also, while not right on the Transcon are there
> any Lubbock, Tx to CHI symboled trains?

No Lubbock manifests or intermodals to Chicago.  Frequent BNSF manifests (the symbols come and go, and return again) are H BELLUB1 (Belen, NM), H TULLUB1 (Tulsa), H AMSLUB1 (Amarillo South Yard), and H LUBTPL1 (Temple).

mapboy

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0305 seconds