Home Open Account Help 279 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > UP trackage rights at Daggett

Date: 01/17/18 07:08
UP trackage rights at Daggett
Author: texchief1

Can anybody tell me where the UP trackage rights end that start at Daggett, CA.

Thnsk.

Randy Lundgren
Elgin, TX

Date: 01/17/18 07:42
Re: UP trackage rights at Daggett
Author: trainjunkie

West Riverside.

Date: 01/17/18 07:49
Author: bradleymckay

Also Mojave to Daggett.

Allen

Date: 01/17/18 08:09
Author: wigwag

In the early 1900s, Santa Fe granted UP a total of 100 track miles of trackage rights. UP chose Daggett to Riverside Jct. In 1983, it was extended a mile longer to West Riverside.

Date: 01/17/18 09:30
Author: hotrail

Any idea how much UP pays annually for trackage rights Daggett to West Riverside? I don't know the history of the original agreement but have to guess that it called for some form of cost sharing.

Date: 01/17/18 10:05
Author: agreementsleuth

In the era when this agreement was negotiated, the involved companies typically shared operating and maintenance expenses based on the proportion of cars in the accounts of each party handled over the joint line on usually an annual basis. The tenant company paid the owning railroad an annual rental based on an agreed value of the line of railroad and often the value of the underlying realty. Additions and capital improvements were added pursuant to subsequent agreements between the owning railroad company and the tenet(s).

Fast forward to the late 1960s and one will find that railroad companies began to agree to the use of per car mile (and less often until the early 1990s, gross ton mile) charges for trackage rights, which charges included expenses for routine maintenance and operation and a rental component. Capital expenditures continued to generally be the subject of future agreements between the parties. The early 1990s also began an era of including tie and track replacement and other expenses to ensure the provision of rights of the same level of utility that existed at the beginning of the arrangement. Future additions such as new support trackage and increasing the weight of rail would continue to be the subject of future negotiations.

Date: 01/17/18 17:45
Author: SanJoaquinEngr

I was told back in the 1980s the SF paid 80 percent of the upkeep of the track between Kern Jct to Mojave.

Posted from Android

Date: 01/17/18 19:24
Author: PHall

SanJoaquinEngr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was told back in the 1980s the SF paid 80
> percent of the upkeep of the track between Kern
> Jct to Mojave.
>
> Posted from Android

Makes sense since ATSF ran more trains over the line then SP did.

Date: 01/18/18 01:55
Author: agreementsleuth

This is wrong....

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0727 seconds