Home Open Account Help 183 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Clouds Playing Tag With the Sun

Date: 03/12/18 05:59
Clouds Playing Tag With the Sun
Author: CNW8531

The weather report called for "mostly sunny skies" this day, but the clouds appeared each time just before the train did. Somedays it's hard to win so you just shoot anyway. These shots were taken in the past week when I had a few free hours to get out and about. The following day it was back to work for me under perfectly sunny skies. Oh well, retirement in 9 and a half more months!

1 The CP yard lead at Nahant. I liked all the green lights on the switch stands and thought it made a neat shot.

2 IAIS grain loads pulling out of the siding and heading east at Walcott, Iowa. Those damn clouds!

3 Same story again, train gets close and here come the clouds to cover this CP train at Camanche heading south. At least it's a clean unit up front clouds or shine!

Date: 03/12/18 06:10
Re: Clouds Playing Tag With the Sun
Author: SCKP187

Nice photos despite clouds. Havn't seen switch stand situation like this since the days of kerosene Adlakes.
Brian Stevens

Date: 03/12/18 08:43
Author: SP8595

Wow, nice catch and shot with the IAIS standard cab leading the NS! Also like that third shot.

Date: 03/12/18 10:10
Author: Ritzville

Nice interesting shots, especially the first shot with the electric switch stands.

Larry

Date: 03/12/18 13:19
Author: oyw

Still nice shots!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.03 seconds