Home Open Account Help 357 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BNSF "white train" on 1942 era rail

Date: 03/17/18 09:58
BNSF "white train" on 1942 era rail
Author: BrianA

BNSF 8369 leads an eastbound grain empty past Parker WA on the Yakima Valley Sub just east of Union Gap, WA 3-10-18. This jointed rail is 1942 era Northern Pacific but will soon be replaced by new ribbon rail that is already laid out.

Brian Ambrose
Renton, WA

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 03/17/18 10:55
Re: BNSF "white train" on 1942 era rail
Author: bearease

Wow! That's downright hypnotic!
Nice angle!

Date: 03/17/18 13:29
Author: Margaret_SP_fan

Holy cats! That is wonderful!! 1942-made rail and an entire train of white cars with only one car with graffiti -- incredible and wonderful!! LOVE the "clickety-clack"! Thank you for taking this video and posting it here! (Love the paint scheme on the locos.)

Date: 03/17/18 14:44
Author: czephyr17

Yes indeed, sounds like I remember trains going by our house when I was growing up. If you have a chance, I would love the hear more such recordings before the jointed rail goes away for good!

Thanks so much!

Date: 03/17/18 15:31
Author: Hookdragkick

I miss that sound and clean train. Only painted car is by OBERT in Minnesota.

Posted from Android

Date: 03/17/18 16:02

Thanks for all the nice replies. I plan to get as much of the jointed rail that is left on video before it is all gone. It appears BNSF is serious about going to all welded rail on the Yakima Valley Sub this year as they are now in the process of quickly installing it. About 7 miles of jointed rail is still on the Stampede Sub with no new rail on the ground yet so I am hoping it will be around awhile longer, but guessing 2018 may still be the last year of jointed rail on the ex-NP main line.
Brian

czephyr17 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes indeed, sounds like I remember trains going by
> our house when I was growing up. If you have a
> chance, I would love the hear more such recordings
> before the jointed rail goes away for good!
>
> Thanks so much!

Date: 03/17/18 21:28

Just heard from a friend from Yakima who said that one side of this location has already been relaid with welded rail. By next week the "clickity clack" here will be nostalgia.

Brian Ambrose

Date: 03/18/18 08:02
Author: mile250

"Feeding the world."

Date: 03/18/18 16:22
Author: JamesJay

Kudos to the BNSF Northwest Division, their Roadmasters, Division Engineers, GD's of Line Maintenance and up the line to and through Ft Worth for maintaining this rail splendidly. Did you notice that the train speed was up, but there was absolutely no rock and roll, vertical motion, clanking of couplers while the cars sank and rose and rocked back and forth!?! That kind of maintenance on jointed rail takes time, attention and a budget too.

Nice job on the video, and nice job BNSF.

p.s. Did you also notice that there was not a single flat wheel in that whole train? That takes good brake and wheel maintenance and aggressive line side detector operations to monitor faults. Someone is paying attention to these private cars and deserves a pat on the back too.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0435 seconds