Home Open Account Help 251 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Why they call this town Bovina

Date: 04/08/18 17:26
Why they call this town Bovina
Author: WrongWayMurphy

meanwhile, at Danny's Steakhouse this phrase "I'll just have a salad" will get you shot.

Date: 04/08/18 18:27
Re: Why they call this town Bovina
Author: billio

A mooving tribute that leaves the viewer thoroughly cowed... [Boo! --or maybe Moo!]
We all know the Peavine line that connects the Transcon with Phoenix. Well, this here's the Bovine line...[billio, you're getting worse. I know, but I can't resist a bad pun. Yeah, but your humor is more pungent than cattle pens shown above. And that's no bull...]

Date: 04/08/18 21:27
Author: tronarail

What else can be said when you "fired" off those puns faster than a single-action Colt .45? You were in true form.

Date: 04/08/18 22:58
Author: Margaret_SP_fan

I hope you-all don't mind if I horn in her. The OP sure did not give us a bum steer, did he? And "billio" was sure milking the puns for all they were worth. [ She runs and hides... ]

Date: 04/09/18 05:12
Author: Bob3985

I presume that you were UP wind from the feed lot.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 04/09/18 08:05
Author: ntharalson

To ignore the bad puns and in jokes, in one trip to this area in Santa Fe days I came upon a whole load of trains
stopped. Turned out there'd been a grade crossing accident and a young worker at one of those feedlots had been
seriously injured and taken to the hospital. The hogger of the train that struck the young man's vehicle saw me
and asked if I would take some pictures on the front of his locomotive. There was minimal damage to the GE, a
glad hand and maybe a handrail, but I obliged and sent him the slides. I never heard about the fate of the
injured worker. Always think of this when I see shots from this area.

Nick Tharalson,
Marion, IA

Date: 04/09/18 08:33
Author: ts1457

Bob3985 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I presume that you were UP wind from the feed lot.

Looks like it is west of town from the online satellite views. Also seen is a huge loop track, presumably for unloading covered hopper cars to feed those hungry cattle. I see a pretty sizable grain elevator next to the town, but that must be for wheat growers in the area. A lot of circular irrigation appear to be used in the region.

Jack

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/18 08:36 by ts1457.

Date: 04/10/18 09:16
Author: mp345

> at Danny's Steakhouse this phrase "I'll just have a salad" will get you shot.

Somehow I'm getting the impression that the citizens of Bovina don't enjoy eating healthy food. Well, it is Texas, after all...

Date: 04/10/18 19:31
Author: casco17

I have no beef with that

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0361 seconds