Home Open Account Help 230 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Topeka Sub scrap pile souvenir,

Date: 04/23/18 12:22
Topeka Sub scrap pile souvenir,
Author: LocoPilot750

With all the Topeka Sub CTC work going on, the old "EZ" throw switch, has been taken taken out of service. It was used at the west end of the Pauline siding for years, the only one I know of. It's now laying in the dirt by the old loading dock.

Date: 04/23/18 12:39
Re: Topeka Sub scrap pile souvenir,
Author: SantaFe

Dennis, they had them at West Desoto, west Lawrence, both ends of Tecumseh, west end at Topeka out of the yard, and both end at Osage still has it.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 04/23/18 12:39
Author: SantaFe

Dennis, they had them at West Desoto, west Lawrence, both ends of Tecumseh, west end at Topeka out of the yard, and both end at Osage still has it.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 04/23/18 13:23
Author: SD45X

Couple more west of Dodge City as well. East Syracuse I think is one. Drawing a blank on the others.

Date: 04/23/18 13:28
Author: LocoPilot750

SantaFe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dennis, they had them at West Desoto, west
> Lawrence, both ends of Tecumseh, west end at
> Topeka out of the yard, and both end at Osage
> still has it.
>
> Posted from iPhone

I probably never noticed them I guess, or forgot about it. Are they still there ?

Date: 04/23/18 18:47
Author: BigSkyBlue

Wheel AND a spring switch. Spring switches are almost as rare as the wheel ones. And since they are considered a "maintenance nightmare", spring switches are not getting any more common. BSB

Date: 04/23/18 19:48
Author: rrman6

SD45X Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Couple more west of Dodge City as well. East
> Syracuse I think is one. Drawing a blank on the
> others.

Think you guys might have taught me something here. If that wheel is what I think it is, I believe there is one at the east switch at Spearville. There's something that looks like what I always thought was an oil drum head painted aluminum on a switch stand there. I never was up close to it but from US50/56 highway I always wondered why such a think was on that switch stand. Sounds like another chunk of history going to the bone pile.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0446 seconds