Home Open Account Help 227 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > on the road again . . .

Date: 05/16/18 19:14
on the road again . . .
Author: 3rdswitch

. . . on the road to MS to pick up the grand girls for a short visit with us up in Colorful Colorado. Left a couple of days early to meander down via my favorite long way, the KCS. Met a fellow TO fan for lunch in KS on the long drive to my first overnight in Pittsburg, KS. Only thing I was able to catch was this WAMX unit tied down at a local industry with a special paint job for the local KS college (top). This morning caught a BNSF run through coal empty heading north after a crew change at Pittsburg (middle) then headed back over to the SKO unit getting artsy before heading south (bottom) . . . NINE more to come . . .

Re: on the road again . . .

. . . after guessing a train in town was northbound it went south without me. Fortunately he stopped in Joplin to make a set out so I headed for Neosho, MO, catching him climbing south out of town (top) along with the DP unit dutifully pushing away (middle). The weather deteriorated quickly and with him being the only train running for now caught him again crossing the Elk River at the Eagle Nest Campground in Ginger Blue, MO (bottom) . . . SIX more to come . . .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/18 19:19 by 3rdswitch.

. . . the DP was still doing it's job pushing across the Elk River (top). Finally he was put in the only siding that is almost completely isolated, Dorsey, to wait for quite a while for a northbound Q train (middle) show crossing Spavinaw Creek between Dorsey and Gravette (middle) in very dark conditions. Lots of rain between there and my destination for the night, Heavener, OK. Waited a bit before a northbound let Heavener (bottom) . . . THREE more to come . . .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/18 19:26 by 3rdswitch.

Date: 05/16/18 19:15

. . . finally, heard the Ft Smith Dodger getting permission to enter the main off the Ft Smith branch at Poteau so waited around another twenty minutes or so to catch the Ft Smith job entering town with two surprises, one, a solid lashup of of old gray yellow painted units (top) and a fifty plus car train. Last train of the day was this southbound oil train with CP both fore and after entering Heavener (middle and bottom).
JB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/18 19:30 by 3rdswitch.

Date: 05/16/18 19:37
Author: SouthWestRailCams

Very Nice Series, Thanks for Sharing!

SouthWest RailCams
CA, NM, CO, TX, AZ
https://SouthWestRailCams.com

Date: 05/16/18 21:08
Author: SCKP187

Great travel photos JB. You got all the nice locations along the way and good looking trains.
Brian Stevens

Date: 05/16/18 21:32
Author: Ritzville

Thanks for all the good looking action on the road, very enjoyable.

Larry

Date: 05/17/18 00:30
Author: Larry020

Congratulations

I knew that reflection photo was an IOTD contender. You also framed it perfectly for a magazine cover. The magazine title can cover the sky. The UPC can fit where that patch of grass is.

Well done!

ʎɹɹɐ˥

Date: 05/17/18 03:57
Author: cozephyr

SCORE-WAMX 3834-! Sweet paint scheme. Congratulations 🎉 on Image of the Day!

Date: 05/17/18 06:07
Author: oklachaser

Great catches & photos. You had a great day on the KCS. Congratulations on IOTD.

Ronda Thomas

Posted from Android

Date: 05/17/18 06:55
Author: bmarti7

Congrats Joe on the IOTD. Thanks for sharing some great images. Most of my in-laws live around Joplin and Neosho. I have enjoyed many a day train watching there as well as several trips between there and Colorado, where we lived for 40+ years. I preferred the "400" route for train watching rather than going through KC.

BB

Date: 05/17/18 08:11
Author: SP8595

Awesome catches! Congrats on well deserved IOTD:)

Date: 05/17/18 10:05
Author: retcsxcfm

GREAT shots,Joe! From another Joe.
You got lucky with the WMAX unit.
"Even a biind hog finds an acorn
once in awhile"

Uncle Joe
Way down east of Tampa

Date: 05/17/18 16:07
Author: ns1000

Nice pics!!

Date: 05/17/18 17:59
Author: 1019X

Great shot Joe, you certainly didn't "monkey around" with that IOTD shot!

Charlie

Date: 05/17/18 21:25
Author: PennRailVideos

I guess that's the Harambee heritage unit.

Date: 05/17/18 23:22
Author: cewherry

Your pics of WAMX3834 remind me of the town water tower at SLSF served Picher, OK; right beside US-69 highway where it once
proudly proclaimed "Picher Oklahoma--Home of the Gorillas" the high school mascot.

Congrats on IOTD!

Charlie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/18 23:25 by cewherry.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0757 seconds