Home Open Account Help 362 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > New digs...

Date: 05/22/18 17:30
New digs...
Author: ns2557

After displacing the previous occupant, that being the Canon City and Royal Gorge here in Canon City Co. the new occupant of some of the old Refractory Buildings here in town which were converted into quasi shop with painting capabilities, is Rock & Rail GP40 401. An ex DRGW and before that CR/PC/NYC unit is under a roof. Which to my knowledge thru the years is a new one for this unit. as it was usually parked at the Holcim Cement Plant in Portland Colo when not in use. Room for one unit in here. Walking by this mid afternoon we found it here in its new digs. Couldn't find anyone around who could tell me what the new arrangement is. I do know, the RRRR is now a Martin Marietta Property and they booted the CCRG and it'd equipemt out. BTW, CCRG/CRRX F7A 402 is still in town along with some of the rest of the Royal Gorge Tourist Operation equipment that wasn't being used.. Not sure whats gonna happen with these tho, as they were, under my impression headed for Pueblo Co and storage over there earlier this year. But so it goes it the business world. At least its still being used for RR purposes. Take care. Ben

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/18 17:31 by ns2557.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0294 seconds