Home Open Account Help 286 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Guernsey, WY question

Date: 06/12/18 11:18
Guernsey, WY question
Author: sums007

On the BNSF at Guernsey, which crews change there? All of them? Only some of them?

Date: 06/12/18 12:54
Re: Guernsey, WY question
Author: sp4294

All trains that come into Guernsey get a crew change. Alliance, NE and Sterling, CO crews come in from the east, Gillette and occasionally Casper crews come in from the west.

Tim Stricker
Pierre, SD

Posted from Android

Date: 06/12/18 14:15
Author: Bob3985

Tim is right. Some of the Casper trains running down the old C&S used to change crews out at Wendover Junction to run to Cheyenne and south to Denver.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 06/13/18 03:25

Thanks for those responses, gents. I forgot to ask: there's a fuel pad there, too. Do all trains get fuel?

Date: 06/13/18 04:12
Author: sp4294

sums007 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks for those responses, gents. I forgot to
> ask: there's a fuel pad there, too. Do all
> trains get fuel?

Most due, some don't. The fuel pads are generally where the eastbound coal loads come in and change crews. What symbol the train is determines if the engines get fueled or not, or if just the DP's get fueled or just the head end. A contractor handles fueling and servicing of the DP's via a truck. Westbound coal trains that get inspected will sometimes get fueled via a truck in the new yard, where they are inspected and bad orders switched out. The westbound power is sometimes pulled off and sent to the engine house for servicing and minor repair work. It always seemed like most trains got refueled in Guernsey after they were loaded. Once again it all depended on the train symbol and how things were running that day. I never did completely figure what trains got fueled, but I used to know which symbol trains got inspected in Guernsey or if it was a run through that got inspected elsewhere.

Tim Stricker
Pierre, SD

Posted from Android

Date: 06/13/18 10:08

Thanks, Tim.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0252 seconds