Home Open Account Help 373 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > SF Belt, CCT, CalNorthern, RP and ST&E Operating Times?

Date: 06/27/18 11:32
SF Belt, CCT, CalNorthern, RP and ST&E Operating Times?
Author: zephyrus

Was checking the archives but didn't see anything in the last year.

Was wondering if anyone could update what times / days the following RRs are operating now...

San Francisco Belt Railroad
California Northern - Vallejo to Fairfield
Central California Traction - Port and Lodi jobs ... Lodi job - approx 12 noon, first heads to interchanges
Stockton Terminal and Eastern
Richmond Pacific

Thank you!

Z

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/18 14:14 by zephyrus.

Date: 06/27/18 14:09
Re: SF Belt, CCT, CalNorthern, RP and ST&E Operating Times?
Author: SD45X

Check out Evans 10 engine post below. 

Date: 06/27/18 14:14
Author: zephyrus

SD45X Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Check out Evans 10 engine post below. 

Thanks!  That answered a couple.  I'll fill them in on my post.

Z

Date: 06/27/18 14:33
Author: TheNavigator

CCT Lodi job:  Appears to be on duty at the CCT engine house in Stockton (adjacent to Cherokee Rd.) about noon-1:00PM.  Then runs north to switch Lodi, batting cars across the grade crossing at S. Guild Ave. before returning to Stockton ~5:00PM.  Sometimes runs north a mile or so to switch an industry that receives tank cars (don't know its name) before switching across S. Guild.

ST&E:  Not sure of the time on duty, but easy shooting can be had around 6:00PM along Wizard Ave. just north of E. Fremont St. in Stockton when the ST&E switches the local industries to the south of Fremont.

Sorry, I can't help with the others on your list.

Good luck!
GK

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/18 14:34 by TheNavigator.

Date: 06/27/18 16:16
Author: hawker95

SF Belt is O/D at 4:30AM as needed, usually switches for about 2-3 hours. As a note, they will be switching tomorrow morning.
Richmond Pacific has 2 jobs go on duty around 6AM and then another 1 job at 4PM.
CCT Lodi job is still the same as far as I know, the Port jobs I think run all day. It's very difficult to get into the port to shoot them either way.
I'm unsure about the ST&E's on duty times but they seem to work the afternoon and evening and usually head to the UP interchange at 4PM (last time I shot them early this year)
CFNR's Napa Switcher and Fairfield goes on duty in the morning around 7 or 8AM, the Napa switcher usually switches Napa Junction yard for an hour or so then heads to Kendall Jackson and NWP interchange at Lombard around 9:30AM, after that they go back to NJ yard or straight to Biagi on the napa branch. The fairfield usually gets into Napa Junction between 12 and 2PM.
And to throw in the other 2 Bay area railroads:
NWP goes on duty at Schellville at 6:30AM Monday and Thursday then vans to the train at Ignacio for a Brazos turn. On duty again at Ignacio at 8:30PM for the Mainline run to Petaluma and back. Other days on the Brazos is occasional.
OGRE (former OTR) switches the yard most mornings during the week at around 6:30AM. Only lasts about 2 hours but this time of year the sun should be in the right position for a shot off of West Grand ave.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0416 seconds