Home Open Account Help 298 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Deseret Power Railway

Date: 08/09/18 19:09
Deseret Power Railway
Author: Ohiorailfan

This was on my list for this year, but did not have any info on this line. Where does it run to and from and what are the operations like? I would like to get out there one day and see them. Thanks!

Posted from Android

Date: 08/09/18 19:16
Re: Deseret Power Railway
Author: Railbaron

Runs east to west, first train leaves loadout area around 0800, second train (I was told pnly Tues, Wed, Thurs) leaves loadout area around 1630.

I just got back from there but don't have time to give full report here.

Loadout: 40.220885, -108.727348

Power Plant: 40.088841, -109.278522

Date: 08/09/18 20:49
Re: Deseret Power Railway
Author: 2ebright

The Deseret Western Ry., now known as the Deseret Power Ry. is a 35 mile long, electrified, coal-hauling road in western Colorado and eastern Utah, an area that is known as the Uintah Basin.  It has no connection to any other railroad.   It connects the Deserado Mine on the east with the Bonanza Power Plant on the west. The RR is a first class operation with immaculately maintained power, rolling stock and track.  It is located in a remote and thinly populated area of the west. The employees and management are friendly.

I live in the area of the RR and have "fanned" it for decades. PM me and I will be glad to give you some local help and info.

Dick Ebright
Roosevelt, Utah

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0322 seconds