Home Open Account Help 238 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Sullivan’s Curve again?…c’mon man

Date: 08/11/18 22:46
Sullivan’s Curve again?…c’mon man
Author: oyw

Yes, another trip to Cajon this morning and after spotting an interesting pair of clean locomotives on an eastbound BNSF, Sullivan’s Curve was the "go to" destination. Running back-to-back SD70ACe 8547 and C44-9W 1030, the ACe’s have recently become somewhat common here in SoCal, old H1 Dash 9’s are extremely rare.

First shot is a telephoto view of the train slowly grinding up the freshly ballasted, but yet to be tamped, Main Track 1. Next pic is the more traditional angle, followed by a broadside roster of the nearly 20 year old 1030.

A creature of habit is what I am and I’ve pretty well worn this spot out but as the end of summer nears, Sullivan’s will soon be back in hibernation due to shifting sun angles…at least until next spring.

OYW

Date: 08/12/18 02:17
Re: Sullivan’s Curve again?…c’mon man
Author: bmarti7

Niiiiice!

BB

Date: 08/12/18 04:46
Author: ns1000

I REALLY like Pics 1 and 2!!

Date: 08/12/18 05:55
Author: PatternOfFailure

Yipes.  I saw BNSF 1030 making it's delivery trip on Conrail.  Crew invited me into the cab, smelled like new car, card said it had been in service three days.  Nice to see it still out and about in the same paint.

Date: 08/12/18 09:25
Author: Rmosele

Especially in the last pic the engine is so clean it almost looks like an HO model.

Date: 08/12/18 15:21
Author: callum_out

Must be al old picture, we all know GEs don't last that long! Other than that, very nice Bob and
looks like a nice way to spend a morning.

Out

Date: 08/12/18 17:55
Author: EsPee1229

Rmosele Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Especially in the last pic the engine is so clean
> it almost looks like an HO model.

"Tunnel-free" territory maybe?

Date: 08/12/18 19:28
Author: TheNavigator

Nice trio!
GK

Date: 08/13/18 04:43
Author: bobk

Nice shots!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0378 seconds