Home Open Account Help 304 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > The Air Train, the the "A" train & a Freight Train

Date: 10/14/18 22:17
The Air Train, the the "A" train & a Freight Train
Author: weather

Flew to NYC last weekend for a Union meeting in Manhatton. Went Oakland to Phoniex and than JFK.  Even though I am on an expense account, our memners and staff work hard for us and there money so I try to keep expenses as low as I can. So I took the Air train from JFK to Jamacia Center and took the "A" train on New York Subway to Broadway and 55th St. right between te Union office and the Marriott. Total fare:  $5.50 for the Air Train and $2.75 for the Subway.  First image the "A" at Penn Station.  Second Image, Air train leaving Jamacia Station close to the Amtrak Yard. Final shot is a bonus for me.  I have never seen a Freight train on the Freight lead into New Your from Long Island.  This was shot out of the dirty window of the Air Train.  I rode the Long Island Railroad for the first time out see my Cousin and Grat Uncle in Grent Neck and Glen Cove.

Date: 10/14/18 22:29
Re: The Air Train, the the "A" train & a Freight Train
Author: weather

The Long Island Railroad has some of t he great urban stations anywhere to be found. LIRR has spent billions in the last 15 years updating the plant and putting in double and triple track.  First image:  is the train information Board at the extremely busy Penn There is still a lot of wooden ties but concrete ties are making an appearence in places where they have done maintenance work as seen here in the second image shot from the LIRR Port Washington train..   ​Final shot is the beautiful station at Great Neck, New York.  Text and Photos by Mike Pechner

Date: 10/15/18 06:54
Author: Lackawanna484

Looks like a New York & Atlantic freight train. NY&A took over some LIRR freight operations.

Posted from Android

Date: 10/15/18 07:29
Author: railstiesballast

Good report and pix Mike, I'll bet they didn't actually bruise your arm when they twisted it to ride the trains.
Those available light interior photos are especially good.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0434 seconds