Home Open Account Help 378 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > In the Dakotas.

Date: 10/15/18 08:26
In the Dakotas.
Author: qman

A few shots while cruisin' around South Dakota.

Hill City
Ft. Pierre
Cottonwood

qman

Date: 10/15/18 08:58
Re: In the Dakotas.
Author: PHall

Good to see Mc Cloud River 37 in service.

Date: 10/15/18 09:54
Author: robj

2) looks like maybe on the bridge ramp.  3 just sitting.  I was out in July, mostly saw trains during day sitting pretty much anywhere, thought maybe because of heat restrictions.
Only saw new paints including at Huron.

When were these taken?

Bob

Date: 10/15/18 10:00
Author: qman

Aug., 2017.

Date: 10/15/18 11:58
Author: Nassau

Learn something everyday.  I didn't know that the Black Hills Central had any diesel-electrics. 

Date: 10/15/18 12:52
Author: Mudrock

Yes it does because one pulled us back from Keystone when their steam engine had braking problems.

Chris

Date: 10/15/18 20:53
Author: wpjones

They've had a 70 ton center cab for as long as I've been going up there. (20 years?) They got the Geep 6 or 7 years ago as a rescue Engine and power for when the 110 was down for boiler wash. They needed to double head the 104 and 7 for the 7 car train which took twice the crew but sure sounded good climbing Tim Mill. Now the 7 is stuffed and mounted so never see a double header again.
Steve

Nassau Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Learn something everyday.  I didn't know that the
> Black Hills Central had any diesel-electrics. 

Date: 10/16/18 04:24
Author: DRGWK59

This past summer my granddaughter convinced me, it didn't take much, that she wanted to ride the 1880 Train.  I made reservations for the second train of the day outa Hill City and was surprised when the first train was pulled up from Keystone with the dismal! Was told it was SOP to run the first train of the day with the diesel.  Our train was pulled by #110.  GREAT RIDE!

David Ketchum
Cheyenne WY

Date: 10/16/18 06:09
Author: Nassau

Mudrock Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes it does because one pulled us back from
> Keystone when their steam engine had braking
> problems.
>
>
> Chris

Oh, I don't doubt it.  I've been to Hill City and ridden the line on numerous occasions, as late as Sept, 2017.  I just never saw the diesel.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0549 seconds