Home Open Account Help 379 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > In The Hole (need help with location)

Date: 10/15/18 10:33
In The Hole (need help with location)
Author: SCUfoamer

I always take Highway 99 South when I drive from San Jose to Bakersfield to start my Tehachapi foaming trips. 99 is more "scenic" and follows the Union Pacific Fresno Sub and Bakersfield Sub into town. On Tuesday October 2nd I was met with a sea of Northbound trains close to Fresno. I pulled off to the side of the road after passing a quickly moving Z-train southbound. I noticed yet another NB train in the hole for the rapidly approaching SB. Due to lighting and lens choice, the going away shot proved to be more interesting. Just to the left of the Z train is a large grain? rice? facility serviced by what looked like an old SD30 or SD38. Location help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/18 12:57 by SCUfoamer.

Date: 10/15/18 11:59
Re: In The Hole (need help with location)
Author: espee51

I beleive this is Traver.

eNick
espee51

Date: 10/15/18 12:21
Author: tehachcond

espee51 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I beleive this is Traver.
>
> eNick
> espee51

If this is north of Fresno, it can't be Traver. Traver is between North Goshen and Kingsburg, south of Fresno.

Brian Black
Castle Rock, CO

Date: 10/15/18 12:57
Author: SCUfoamer

espee51 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I beleive this is Traver.
>
> eNick
> espee51

I just looked up Traver and yes, that is where it is. And I was wrong. It is South of Fresno. Thank you!

Date: 10/17/18 12:59
Author: ble692

That is Foster Farms at Traver. They receive unit trains of corn and soy meal, plus some other cars via the Sunmaid local. The corn trains go on the ballon track and the soy meal trains are broken up into smaller pieces on several rails along the mainline.

They have 2 units currently. At the north end of the facilty is WRIX 201, an SD38AC. It was DM&IR (Missabe) originally. On the south end of the facility is RPRX 5406, an RP20BD.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0547 seconds