Home Open Account Help 246 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > UP Steam Logo

Date: 10/16/18 13:49
UP Steam Logo
Author: bwyrick

Hello all, I'm wondering if anyone had either a clean photo of or a digital version of the UP's steam shield logo for a project I'm working on. I was asked to create a 3D representation for the original Greyhound paint that 8444 (the diesel one) was reportedly supposed to get, but never did, and I'd like to have the steam shop logo to place on the engine somewhere.

TIA!

Brody Wyrick
Reno, NV

Date: 10/16/18 17:10
Re: UP Steam Logo
Author: agentatascadero

Brody, I don't know how to get an image to your thread, but do have a suggestion......if you're interested in the number plate located on the face of the steam chest, it's easily viewed by the use of google: UP 844 photos.

I'm glad that your busy life allows you time to post here.

AA

Stanford White
Carmel Valley, CA

Date: 10/16/18 17:24
Author: EmpireBuilder

This one ?

Date: 10/16/18 17:28
Author: trainjunkie

There are numerous sources of vector files of the current UP shield which can be found by any decent search engine. If you are proficient with any sort of illustration program such as Adobe Illustrator, you should be able to easily modify one of those files to match the current UP Steam Program shield.

Date: 10/16/18 18:54
Author: bwyrick

EmpireBuilder, that's exactly the one!

TrainJunkie, I was going to make one from one of the vector files online, but if someone had one already available, as you have here, I was going to save time that could be used elsewhere in the project.

Stan! We need to meet up one of these days and have another running session!

Posted from Android

Brody Wyrick
Reno, NV

Date: 10/16/18 19:37
Author: asheldrake

Brody,
if you need a closer picture of the UP steam logo on the 96, let me know.   it is located at the Oregon Rail Heritage Center here in Portland and an easy get.   Arlen

Date: 10/16/18 22:16
Author: ATSFSuperChief

Dead solid perfect!!

SuperChiefDon

Date: 10/17/18 18:10
Author: EmpireBuilder

If you want a better view I have a 3" one that I can scan and email to you.

Date: 10/18/18 00:15
Author: VintageMac

I believe you will find that the UP Steam logo was copyrighted in 1989.

Date: 10/18/18 00:38
Author: dan

coors field here

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0465 seconds