Home Open Account Help 361 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Lots of radio chatter Thursday

Date: 11/09/18 20:53
Lots of radio chatter Thursday
Author: OregonOldGuy

And I had a hunch an Etahanol train was coming out of Vacouver to the Portland & Western.  Finally got out of the house about 1445 hours, and headed east with a certain shot in mind.  Well, meeting this Megathanol train just west of my spot resulted in a u turn and looking for a secondary spot.  Finally chose thia one with the Scappoose (OR) station sign, and some fall color.  Alas, the petty trees formed a wall along the sunny side of the train,such that it was sunny, sort of, no!  I had some time as the train is only allowed 10 mph due to the hazardness fo the ethanol.  Seems a shame to waste that CWR this way.

So, along comes a pair of newer GEs, BNSF 7464 and 7052 leading the way, and one hundred and sixteen cars later, FRED comes along with no DP unit, a surprise!  So, enjoy a bit of fall.

Rob

PS, I had photo edited the image, saved it, and then it wasn't what was downloaded.  Will work on it later.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/18 20:55 by OregonOldGuy.

Date: 11/09/18 21:02
Re: Lots of radio chatter Thursday
Author: roustabout

Well, Robert, I think the 10 mph restriction on loaded unit trains out there helps P&W management with their nerves and jumpiness.

Date: 11/10/18 08:02
Author: bmarti7

Kindly inform the destination of this train please.

BB

Date: 11/11/18 19:30

bmarti7 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Kindly inform the destination of this train
> please.
>
> BB. South Korea via Port Westward, OR.

Rob

Date: 11/11/18 19:38

roustabout Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well, Robert, I think the 10 mph restriction on
> loaded unit trains out there helps P&W management
> with their nerves and jumpiness.

yes Lou, me thinks you have the right answer.  How fast would SP have run them?  Did you hide all the trains today? Saw a lot of empty track between home and Klamath.

Rob

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.043 seconds