Home Open Account Help 348 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Nothing but Fresh Paint on Watcos Eastern Idaho

Date: 11/17/18 10:47
Nothing but Fresh Paint on Watcos Eastern Idaho
Author: spider1319

In the past Watco's Eastern Idaho motive power was a ragtag assembly of  different schemes from around the country.No more ,all of Eastern Idaho,s motive power has recieved new paint commerating Eastern Idaho's twenty year anniversery.The first image is Twin Falls with the Depot restaurant in the background.So named because of the proxiimity to the old UPRR Depot.Inside are plenty of train photos.The second shot is the Local leaving Twin Falls eastbound with the now disused grain elevator in the background.The third image is a side view of the new scheme with th current Twin Falls Depot to the far right.All images from 2018 Bill Webb

Date: 11/17/18 10:55
Re: Nothing but Fresh Paint on Watcos Eastern Idaho
Author: spider1319

A few more from around Twin Falls.The Buhl switcher crossing Rock Creek in image number one approaching Twin falls.On the North Side Branch eastbound at Jerome passing the old UPRR pumphouse.The third picture switching Twin Falls Yard with the old UPRR hoist and abandoned grain elevator.All from 2018.Bill Webb

Date: 11/17/18 11:47
Author: gonx

Nice set of shots.

Date: 11/17/18 13:13
Author: MC6853

Spark arrestors on the exhaust stacks?

Date: 11/17/18 13:21
Author: robj

Very nice set.  I was out there in 2004(GP-30's)  and I guess a couple operators back???  Does this RR  operate all the same lines???

Bob

Date: 11/17/18 14:28
Author: Odyssey

Thank you for sharing ...

Some really nice images and great structure history ...
Will put some of those locations on my to visit list!

Cheers,
Odyssey
Evergreen, CO

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0394 seconds