Home Open Account Help 376 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Chobani / Clif Twin Falls, ID -- RR Served?

Date: 11/17/18 16:50
Chobani / Clif Twin Falls, ID -- RR Served?
Author: FiestaFoamer

Just got done reading this story (about a year old) and was curious about any rail connections (figuratively or literally). I see on Google Maps that the Chobani plant in Twin Falls is very close to a RR line (Eastern Idaho RR?), as is the Clif Bar facility. Do EIRR/UP handle any shipments for these guys?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2017/11/09/yogurt-maker-chobani-expanding-tiny-town-twin-falls-idaho/848727001/

Date: 11/18/18 12:31
Re: Chobani / Clif Twin Falls, ID -- RR Served?
Author: spwolfmtn

I do not believe (like most industries now days) that there are any rail connections, even though the tracks run right next to it.

I doubt they would use intermodal as well, because the trailers/containers would have to be trucked all the way to Salt Lake City for the nearest intermodal facility.

Date: 11/18/18 14:03
Author: callum_out

Other problem is that most of the distribution centers (like DOT in Bullhead City) are nowhere near rail and would rarely take
carloads of anything. For Chobani, the inbound dairy, would all be local. I do believe that Jerome Cheese, down the road in
Jerome, does use some rail out of the local distribution center.

Out

Date: 11/18/18 18:29
Author: spwolfmtn

callum_out Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I do believe that
> Jerome Cheese, down the road in
> Jerome, does use some rail out of the local
> distribution center.

Yeah, usually, you can see refrigerated railcars at their facility along I-84.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0283 seconds