Home Open Account Help 377 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Bush Train

Date: 12/02/18 17:23
Bush Train
Author: mully

All

Does anyone know the route or good locations to catch this train?    Would it be an easy chase to get pics then good ahead of it again?

Thanks
Gary

Date: 12/02/18 17:35
Re: Bush Train
Author: fbe

It seems the body will fly back to Houston so the train will only operate between Houston and College Park.

Date: 12/02/18 17:37
Author: sptno

Operate between Houston and College Station, route ans been published by UP and is on  TO.

Pat
South Austin, TX

Date: 12/02/18 17:41
Author: JoCoLB

Map of the funeral train has been previously published. 

Date: 12/02/18 19:29
Author: upkpfan

Larry, 
Where is this map at? I don't remember seeing anything like that on here. upkpfan

Date: 12/02/18 19:32
Author: dan

go to  the up website marv

Date: 12/02/18 19:49
Author: jst3751

upkpfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Larry, 
> Where is this map at? I don't remember seeing
> anything like that on here. upkpfan

https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,4681429

Contains a link to:

https://www.up.com/media/media_kit/bush41/index.htm

Which lists the link to the PDF of the map.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/18 19:50 by jst3751.

Date: 12/02/18 20:05
Author: jointauthority

I think it’s running the UP Palestine and Navasota subs.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 12/03/18 05:07
Author: Bob3985

Yes, for those who cannot see it the train will run from the yard in SPring Texas to College Station where George H.W.Bush's library and museum is located. His wife, Barbara, and daughter, Robin, are already buried there. I can rememebr the trip we ran from Spring Yard to College Station with our steam locomotive, UP 3985, to take people to and from the opening of the museum. We dropped everyone off by Kyke Field and they were bussed over to the event while we went and turned the train, at Bryan Junction as I recall.
May President Bush rest in peace and may we honor his life and dedication to the people of the United States.
As we wish our friends in this community of railfanning, "May you have straight rails and clear signals from this time on".

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 12/03/18 06:28
Author: mully

Thanks everyone, I am not from the area would there be good photo locations anyone can recomend?

Gary

Date: 12/03/18 07:32
Author: SantaFe126

What is the plan for the funeral train after it reaches College Station? Will it stay there for a while, or take off immediately?

Thanks,
John

Posted from Android

Date: 12/05/18 11:20
Author: elueck

Nothing has been said about after, but everyone on the two trains will have to get back to Houston some how.

Date: 12/05/18 12:24
Author: JimBaker

Virtial Railfan Net on Yahoo is supposed to have coverage of the train.
I have no further information to be of help.

James R.(Jim) Baker
Whittier, CA

Date: 12/05/18 13:16
Author: Lackawanna484

elueck Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nothing has been said about after, but everyone on
> the two trains will have to get back to Houston
> some how

Unless there's a second crew coming on, the trains can't tarry too long at College Station.

Question for Union Pacific people.  The conductors and assistant conductors on these special trains will likely be wearing uniforms.  Do uniforms come with the job, or do conductors have to puchase their own?  I can't imagine most conductors would ever need a uniform  in their careers.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.046 seconds