Home Open Account Help 346 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Quick Stop in College Park (San Jose) CA

Date: 12/04/18 17:49
Quick Stop in College Park (San Jose) CA
Author: erielackawanna

Had a business trip to San Jose and even though I didn't think I'd have time, I took my point and shoot camera in case things changed. Sure enough was done early and had time before my flight, so went over to the College Park station. Saw about eight trains in the two hours there, but the clouds dinged most of them. As it was all passenger stuff, and can shot again in nice light, just sharing the few that I felt worked.

Image one is a SFO Ltd train shoving by with a Boise Bullet on the rear.

Image two is of an SJC Local with a venerable F40 at the point.

Image three, while in cloud cover, is one of the very few trains that stops at College Park. This one taking on a load from an all-boy's highschool that I believe is next door.

Date: 12/04/18 17:49
Re: Quick Stop in College Park (San Jose) CA
Author: erielackawanna

Image four is of the same train (now with sun) shoving towards SFO.

Date: 12/04/18 19:57
Author: CarolVoss

The all-boys school at College Park  is the Jesuit Bellarmine prep high school of which my husband is an alumni. The stop is called  College Park because it was originally the campus of the University of the Pacific before it moved to Stockton and then the Jebbies bought it for the high school.
C

Carol Voss
Bakersfield, CA

Date: 12/04/18 21:56
Author: jimB

And the Bellarmine Boys, especially the baseball team, were the subject of much interest to my daughter and her team mates while she was in High school!

Jim B

Date: 12/04/18 22:10

jimB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And the Bellarmine Boys, especially the baseball
> team, were the subject of much interest to my
> daughter and her team mates while she was in High
> school!
>
> Jim B
All girls  are interested in Bellarmine boys! I’ve been going steady with mine for 66 years!😀
C

Carol Voss
Bakersfield, CA

Date: 12/05/18 18:17
Author: alamedafrank

My daughter married a Bellarmine grad, and one of my brother in laws went there too. The school is named after a young English Jesuit Martyr from the break with Rome. I went to St Ignatius in SF in 1960. The Director of Personal at the WP, Tom  Greene,  went there too, which may explain my being choosen in the first engineer's classes on the WP.  Frank

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/18 18:22 by alamedafrank.

Date: 12/05/18 20:07
Author: SPB

Wasn't the Bellermine campus the first home of the University of the Pacific, long since located in Stockton?

​Gerry

Date: 12/05/18 20:14
Author: jimB

Carol, that's great!

Around age 14 I gave my daughter and her BFF permission to watch the Belarmine baseball team check into a hotel in Modesto where her team was also playing. I stayed in the background...

She had to wait until Cal Poly. Never did date a Belarmine Boy, that I knew of, anyway.

Jim B

Date: 12/07/18 18:14
Author: ns1000

Nice pics!!

Date: 12/07/18 21:02
Author: chakk

one northbound and one southbound Caltrain stops at the station in the morning (before school starts) and in the afternoon (after school ends) on weekdays.

Date: 12/07/18 21:14

chakk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> one northbound and one southbound Caltrain stops
> at the station in the morning (before school
> starts) and in the afternoon (after school ends)
> on weekdays.

A few years ago Caltrain made noises about getting rid of the College Park stop— My Bellarmine alum grad husband and I slapped our knees and howled with glee knowing full well that the Jebbies wiuld never let this happen and sure enough, College Park station remains on the TT. You have to be a part of “old San Jose”  as we are to know that the current mayor if San Jose Sam Liccardo  is a Bellarmine grad as was his father and grandfather(Liccardo Hall on campus donated by Grandad) and the chair of the Santa Clara County Board of Supervisors Dave Cortese and his kids and his father Dom a former State assembly man are all Bellarmine grads—-talk about firepower! 😀😀😀 We lovingly refer to it as the Bellarmine Mafia!
C

Carol Voss
Bakersfield, CA

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0531 seconds