Home Open Account Help 374 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Union Pacific El Paso Shops Closure

Date: 12/09/18 11:47
Union Pacific El Paso Shops Closure
Author: spider1319

Announced earlier in Trainorders was the closure announcement of UPRR layoffs in El Paso and other locations.Here are a couple of images of the former SP Diesel Shop building in El Paso.The facility is next to I10 but basically marooned from other area yards.The El Paso Times has a nice article on the shops and the proposed arena nearby.The shops were built by the SP in the 1960's.Not much of an historical structure but nevertheless cool to look at while  travelling on the I10.Another victim of PSR.These two images are from 2015.Bill Webb

Date: 12/09/18 21:33
Re: Union Pacific El Paso Shops Closure
Author: ATSFSuperChief

Nice Christmas lights; but now you are done! Probably not a very Merry Christmas for UP Shop Workers.

Don Allender

Date: 12/10/18 07:59

November 26 was listed as the last day so not a very Merry Chrismas.I had not noticed the  Chrismas decorations, thanks for pointing  it out.Bill Webb

Date: 12/10/18 09:47
Author: fbe

This means more dead units being hauled around the UP to a remaing repair facility which may be having capacity issues anyway.

Date: 12/10/18 14:31

I am guessing hauled in train to West Colton or San Antonio for inspections or any major repair.Bill Webb

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/18 14:57 by spider1319.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0432 seconds