Home Open Account Help 364 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Spreader on Donner (Not this Winter)

Date: 12/10/18 12:58
Spreader on Donner (Not this Winter)
Author: RayLewis

Ok, so recently had back surgery so have had a ton of free time here at home.  Been one month already, one more month before I am back at work. With that said just been trying to share some stuff that has been stuck in the archives.   Today, the spreaders operate in tandem, the 1st spreader pushes snow from the #2 (except between Norden and Soda Springs where its opposite) and then the 2nd spreader set pushes it from the #1 off the bank.  Back in the day the spreader worked westboudn on the number 2 plowing all the way down to Shed 10, Fulda or lower when snow was real bad. Then reversing moving pushing snow off the #1 eastbound. On Feb 11, 2009 they were still using the old method. After reversing movement at Shed 10 the spreader works eastbound over the Lower Cascade Bridge near Troy, CA. It was a shot I had been working on for a few years, luckily I got some good ones before they altered the strategy. 

Hoping this winter works out and I am able to get some new stuff.

Ray

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/18 13:03 by RayLewis.

Date: 12/10/18 13:11
Re: Spreader on Donner (Not this Winter)
Author: TonyJ

That photo belongs on a calendar! Great image.

Date: 12/10/18 13:23
Author: bobk

Fantastic shot!!

Date: 12/10/18 13:31
Author: ColoradoRailfan

Jaw-dropping! Abolutely IOTD candidate right there. Fantastic shot.

Kevin Morgan
Arvada, CO
ColoradoRailfan.com

Date: 12/10/18 14:13
Author: callum_out

Do believe that's one of the best standard gauge snow shots I've ever seen!

Out

Date: 12/10/18 15:07
Author: Bob3985

That's a great winter photo. IOTD for sure and as was stated a definite calendar photo.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 12/10/18 17:07
Author: DynamicBrake

FANTASTIC shot Ray.  IOTD material for sure!  One of the best snow fighting shots I've seen.  Thanks for sharing this masterpiece.

Kent in CArmel Valley

Date: 12/10/18 20:25

I appreciate all the kind words. Some know this about me but when I get something in my head I am pretty determined to get it. This shot here with the spreader at Lower Cascade was no exception. Glad I took the time though, the view from the west side of the bridge isnt this good., and the Upper Cascade Bridge is tight too. Shot is impossible today unless the revert back to old ways.

Ray

Date: 12/10/18 22:32
Author: weather

Spectacular Ray!   The crrent pattern stsys active thru the 21st, than it looks dry thru the 26t or 27th.

Date: 12/10/18 22:49

Thanks Mike...this year Ill have to wait til mid Feb through March. Usually works out pretty well. Lets hope!
Ray

Date: 12/11/18 04:38
Author: RGDave

Spectacular!

~RGDave

Date: 12/11/18 18:25
Author: ns1000

Very nice..!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0483 seconds