Home Open Account Help 228 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Eureka!!

Date: 12/23/18 10:55
Eureka!!
Author: callum_out

This probably should have gone under Steam and Excursion but while it's steam there was no excursion, the rides
were totally presold out! I talked to Dan Markoff (owner of the Eureka, Baldwin 4-4-0, blt 1875, wood burner) and he
said that all three weekends were much the same. So this is Boulder City at the Nevada Southern Museum, they've
put down around 2000 feet of 3 foot gauge track on the South side of the yard for the Eureka to stretch it's legs.
Dan's scratchbuilt Eureka and Paiisades combine was on exhibit in the enginehouse. At any rate, the crowds bode
well for the state to continue investing in the museum and in extending the standard gauge ride down into
Henderson.

Out

Date: 12/23/18 11:56
Re: Eureka!!
Author: cozephyr

Great to see the Eureka out stretching her legs on newly laid narrow gauge track. Thanks Dan & crew for keeping this beauty operational-!

Date: 12/23/18 11:58
Author: CPRR

One of the best restoration of a locomotive I have ever seen. Glad to see it out and about

Posted from iPhone

Date: 12/23/18 12:25
Author: OregonOldGuy

She sure is a sweet engine, especially in this day of K series Rio Grande engines and the token C-16s, C-18, and
C-19.  Hard to imagine the days back when everything on the railroads looked like the Eureka!

Is that an FM I see poking her brow above the train?

Rob

Date: 12/23/18 12:35
Author: EsPee1229

OregonOldGuy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> Is that an FM I see poking her brow above the
> train?
>
> Rob

What an eagle eye!  Sure looks like it to me!  Thanks for pointing it out.

Date: 12/23/18 12:52

It is, believe that's the unit they obtained from the Herlong Base North of Reno ie Baja Wendel.

Out

Date: 12/23/18 15:41
Author: philhoov

ummm, those ties look a little sketchy.
Phil

Date: 12/23/18 16:17

The rest of the ng line is in very good condition.

Out

Date: 12/24/18 04:27
Author: GBW309

What a piece of history.   Beautiful locomotive. 

Dave

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.032 seconds