Home Open Account Help 401 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > UP says "Major Slide" at or near Camp Rogers, FRC

Date: 01/16/19 15:57
UP says "Major Slide" at or near Camp Rogers, FRC
Author: DaveL

The Title says most of it.....Slide is in the Feather River Canyon, northern Calif.
There is a BNSF WB tied down at Quarry Road.
The Westwood section boss just told someone, "no trains until tomorrow afternoon".

I have had 2.02" of rain/snow water since 03:00 yetserday am, with 1-2" due tonight.
(Iam in Indian Valley at 3550")

DaveL

Date: 01/16/19 16:13
Re: UP says "Major Slide" at or near Camp Rogers, FRC
Author: PHall

It's the Feather River Canyon and it's a wet winter. No surprises here.
I guess the good news is that they didn't find the slide by running into it with a train!

Date: 01/16/19 16:15
Author: icancmp193

I haven't seen a Gateway Sub train in almost 2 days. CalTrans shows Highway 70 down the Canyon to be open, but last night the Butte County Sheriff evacuated  the residents of Pulga because they are worried about slides and flooding. If you have not been down into the fire zone along Highway 70, the devastation is pretty incredibe. Contractors are stripping away all the dead trees and you would not recognize the place. There are some new vistas that have opened up if one had a big telephoto lense. All very sad.....

Tom (Up the Hill)

Date: 01/16/19 16:51
Author: GN599

They are planning on rerouting the PASBAK and the VAWBAR through Dunsmuir tonight but I suspect they will roll through there in darkness.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/19 16:52 by GN599.

Date: 01/16/19 20:35
Author: Graybeard1942

The bulk of the current storm has yet to hit the FR Canyon this evening.  Heavy wind on the Sacramento Valley floor at this time. If rainfall totals end up as predicted, the canyon will be as accessible in the morning as Shangri La.

Date: 01/17/19 15:53
Author: CCMF

Do they still hi-rail ahead of trains in the FRC ?

Bill Miller
Galt, ON

Date: 01/17/19 17:35
Author: icancmp193

Yes.

TJY

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0444 seconds