Home Open Account Help 264 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > More Brrrrr!

Date: 01/21/19 10:52
More Brrrrr!
Author: twjurgens

1.  Just as I was getting into position east of Waverly, NE for the Amtrak shots this morning (https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,4714729 ), BNSF 9273 and 9161 were west bound with an empty.  That looks like a muskrat den in the left side of the photo.  It seems odd that they would build that close to the busy BNSF mainline and Highway 6.

2. & 3.  The last 2 shots are from an after church foray yesterday morning.  Shots of the switchers at the elevator on the south edge of Lincoln are nearly impossible to get.  Track work near the elevator caused them to be parked out in the open, just south of the elevator.  I didn't even know they had that green one.  According to what I've been told, it's an ex C&NW engine.  Heritage of 1644 is obvious!  (yes, it was COLD then too!)

I'll dig these pics out in July or August to remind me about winter! 

Date: 01/21/19 11:08
Re: More Brrrrr!
Author: callum_out

The other thing that'll happen in July is that it'll be warm enough for those AGP units to start. I check the Arlington
weather daily to remind me why I moved, enjoy the pretty snow, a little sun and it makes for nice pictures.

Out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/19 11:16 by callum_out.

Date: 01/21/19 12:46
Re: More Brrrrr!
Author: twjurgens

Although the change in seasons provides a welcome break, I've never been particularly fond of winter, especially when wind chills are below zero!

callum_out Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The other thing that'll happen in July is that
> it'll be warm enough for those AGP units to start.
> I check the Arlington
> weather daily to remind me why I moved, enjoy the
> pretty snow, a little sun and it makes for nice
> pictures.
>
> Out

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.055 seconds