Home Open Account Help 185 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Our day yesterday

Date: 02/03/19 18:09
Our day yesterday
Author: msns2557

Hey everyone, How is everyone doing/  Yesterday was a special day of sorts for myself and my hubby as we spent the day just doing what I have come to enjoy. On top of all the things we did what made it even more special was the fact that it was his Birthday. (I had to cut off his leg and count the rings to actually verify his age, 59) But that not withstanding we had a fantastic day.  Thought I' d share some of my shots from our venture yesterday.

We started in Colorado Springs. Our first train of the day was this SB BNSF Stack Train of all JB Hunt containers. Can't remember what train he said it as, but I liked looking at that tall stack of a wall that was slowly creeping by us here at the siding at Kelker. He was stopping just about 200 yards or so to the right. Some MoW was being done down in Fountain Co at a street crossing, which had pretty much everything bottle necked coming north at Crews. Here is BNSF 7058 as it passes under US24 along Las Vegas Street.

Shot 2. After we stopped and shot the UP 1996.the SP Heritage Unit at the Drake Plant we continued north. Our goal was the new, revised Caboose Hobbies in Lakewood Co now known as just Caboose. I liked the old store better, but in time this one should be just as good (I Hope) After that stop we went over to the Colorado RR Museum in Golden. It's been many years since I have been here, so we walked around, rode the Galloping Goose and just enjoyed what was left of the day. Really like this set up here. Kinda looks like a model in a way. Love the old narrow gauge stock cars with the Water Tank and older style crossbucks.

Shot 3. We made our way next over behind the Denver Stock Show grounds and caught the DRIR just sittn around. He tells me this engine here is an ex Coors Brewery Unit. Another one of those shots I liked from our trip.

After all this running around I treated him to dinner and the Colorado Avalanche Hockey Game. We ate at Brooklyn's there by the Pepsi Center  then walked over to take in the game.( My AV's lost btw) But he really enjoyed his day. Another year older, not sure about wiser tho.
Thanks all for looking Have a blessed day and night everyone.  Be well, Kristie

Date: 02/03/19 20:22
Re: Our day yesterday
Author: SCKP187

Nice photos.  Nice catch of the DRIR--I've understood those are hard to get out in the open ?
Brian Stevens

Date: 02/04/19 10:33
Re: Our day yesterday
Author: endmrw

Oh, how I wish I had that cattle car parked in my front yard.  Neat.    Mike endmrw0204191234

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0466 seconds