Home Open Account Help 330 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Produce Train.

Date: 02/10/19 13:10
Produce Train.
Author: CSXQ090FAN

Hi everyone.  I  happen to  see  the UP/CSXT Produce train  last eveing go past one of the web cams in ohio on CSX and the train happen to have ceterbeams  closed  grain hoppers and gons on it  and a  few tanker cars.  It had some refers  on the train but not too many.  It also  had a lot of  double stacks on  it as well.  Notthing new  for the stacks that  I know of. But my question is   this something new that UP is doing now  with it  by adding on the  junk  freight cars?  Also will this be a common parctice?  Thanks inadvanced

Date: 02/10/19 13:46
Re: Produce Train.
Author: JasonCNW

with PSR in effect yes
JC

Posted from Android

Date: 02/10/19 14:36
Author: bradleymckay

CSXQ090FAN Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi everyone.  I  happen to  see  the UP/CSXT
> Produce train  last eveing go past one of the web
> cams in ohio on CSX and the train happen to have
> ceterbeams  closed  grain hoppers and gons on
> it  and a  few tanker cars.  It had some
> refers  on the train but not too many.  It
> also  had a lot of  double stacks on  it as
> well.  Notthing new  for the stacks that  I
> know of. But my question is   this something new
> that UP is doing now  with it  by adding on
> the  junk  freight cars?  Also will this be a
> common parctice?  Thanks inadvanced

You forget its the slowest time of the year for produce movements via rail. And I wouldn't call them "junk freight cars" just because its supposed to be a produce train. Its obvious what the PSR railroads want is more revenue per train.

Allen

Posted from Android

Date: 02/10/19 16:13
Author: flarails882

Has Foote done away with mixed trains? I noticed here in Florida I do not see anymore  IM combined with manifest etc.  The FEC has been doing a version of PSR for decades. But it is easier to do when you Manifest yard is in the same locations as the IM yards.

Date: 02/10/19 17:13
Author: railstiesballast

It may be that a regularly scheduled produce train fits into PSR quite nicely.  Once the PSR planners adopt that schedule they can add traffic to that core movement quite efficiently.
It is only worrisome if the added traffic bogs down the schedule promised to the produce shippers.

Date: 02/11/19 23:56
Author: CSXQ090FAN

Saw the  ZG3SKP  depart global 3  around 4:30am on monday.  That train too had mixed freight on it as well  then  a long reefer block then the  stacks.  Looks like UP is  trying to   have 3  blocks  into one train.  I  guess there  putting on the mixed freight  at G3.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0739 seconds