Home Open Account Help 273 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Union Pacific Steam Trips


Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2


Date: 02/11/19 13:10
Union Pacific Steam Trips
Author: trainmanwes

The  Big Boy and 844 will be running special trips, In April 2019, 844 will be leading  a train starting in Cheyenne  to Ogden for the May 10 events. In May 2019 the 4014 will depart with a special train to Ogden. Afterwards,  both engines will double head back to Cheyenne no date yet.  A Omaha to Boone Iowa one way trip no date yet and don`t know what steam engine will be used.  Remaining tours the first part of July with the 4014 on a eastern route while another tour beginning in late in September out of Cheyenne for the southern routes. Back home in  Cheyenne Wyo, in November.

The source for this info Mixed Train  



Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/19 18:43 by trainmanwes.



Date: 02/11/19 13:14
Re: Union Pacific Steam Trips
Author: HotWater

Wouldn't this be better information for the Steam & Excursion (Steam Railroading) Board?



Date: 02/11/19 13:24
Re: Union Pacific Steam Trips
Author: OregonOldGuy

HotWater Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wouldn't this be better information for the Steam
> & Excursion (Steam Railroading) Board?

Yes, and NO.  I probably wouldn't have thought to check on the steam board!

Rob



Date: 02/11/19 13:28
Re: Union Pacific Steam Trips
Author: HotWater

OregonOldGuy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> HotWater Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Wouldn't this be better information for the
> Steam
> > & Excursion (Steam Railroading) Board?
>
> Yes, and NO.  I probably wouldn't have thought to
> check on the steam board!
>
> Rob

So,,,,,,,,,,you really would NOT have even thought to check the Steam & Excursion Board, i.e. "Steam Railroading", for information concerning,,,,,,,,,,,,,steam excursions/trips within the U.S.?



Date: 02/11/19 13:42
Re: Union Pacific Steam Trips
Author: walstib

Jeeze, don’t you have anything better to argue about?

Who cares where the discussion takes place?

It’s a western railroad potentially running a steam-powered passenger train.

Posted from iPhone



Date: 02/11/19 14:19
Re: Union Pacific Steam Trips
Author: trainmanwes

HotWater Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wouldn't this be better information for the Steam
> & Excursion (Steam Railroading) Board?  


Yes hit the wrong key.



Date: 02/11/19 14:31
Re: Union Pacific Steam Trips
Author: papio

No mention of this on the UP Museum webpage.



Date: 02/11/19 16:36
Re: Union Pacific Steam Trips
Author: HotWater

Don't suppose the original poster got confused with the 2018, or some previous schedule?



Date: 02/11/19 18:33
Re: Union Pacific Steam Trips
Author: dcfbalcoS1

      Amazing that some see no reason for placing information on the proper boards. I remember that some schools many years ago decided that teaching the alphabet was unnecessary too. Well, Now we know how well that turned out. Must have had the same teacher.



Date: 02/12/19 06:42
Re: Union Pacific Steam Trips
Author: dash944cw

walstib Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jeeze, don’t you have anything better to argue
> about?
>
> Who cares where the discussion takes place?
>
> It’s a western railroad potentially running a
> steam-powered passenger train.
>
> Posted from iPhone

A-frickin' men!!!!!



Date: 02/12/19 07:38
Re: Union Pacific Steam Trips
Author: grahamline

You boys are obviously not members of the Union Pacific Steam Club.
Here's what is on the UP Steam site, which is pretty much nothing but the Ogden trip: https://www.up.com/heritage/steam/schedule/index.htm
To become an "insider," try https://www.up.com/heritage/steam/club/index.htm



Date: 02/12/19 08:37
Re: Union Pacific Steam Trips
Author: cchan006

trainmanwes Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes hit the wrong key.

Hehe. Thanks for posting.

Sometimes, the moderators catch it and migrate the thread to the appropriate discussion. The poster is in the "wrong area" when hitting the "Start a New Thread" button. This mistake happens to TO members who read multiple discussions. So while he thought he was in the Steam board, he wasn't because he was busy multitasking on several interesting discussions, and was unknowingly in the Western board.

As the dates get closer, I hope we get more specific information. First "rumor" was that 844 and 4014 were going to run doubleheaded, but now it seems they might run separate. I prefer they run separate, but I won't be making any plans right now.



Date: 02/12/19 10:13
Re: Union Pacific Steam Trips
Author: ATSF3751

HotWater Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> OregonOldGuy Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > HotWater Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > Wouldn't this be better information for the
> > Steam
> > > & Excursion (Steam Railroading) Board?
> >
> > Yes, and NO.  I probably wouldn't have thought
> to
> > check on the steam board!
> >
> > Rob
>
> So,,,,,,,,,,you really would NOT have even thought
> to check the Steam & Excursion Board, i.e. "Steam
> Railroading", for information
> concerning,,,,,,,,,,,,,steam excursions/trips
> within the U.S.?

I'm sure he is grateful for your kind input on his serious TO transgressions. What level of punishment would you recommend?



Date: 02/12/19 10:25
Re: Union Pacific Steam Trips
Author: Lackawanna484

Thanks for the information.

Given the importance of this steam trip, gotta think about going west to see it

Posted from Android



Date: 02/12/19 10:51
Re: Union Pacific Steam Trips
Author: callum_out

Screw the locomotive, I'm waiting for the hi-jinx in the crowds, this is going to be epic! Seriously, I'm looking forward to
a ferry move somewhere, at decent speed, maybe with some freight for braking. The Ogden thing is going to be a major
circus.

Out



Date: 02/12/19 13:10
Re: Union Pacific Steam Trips
Author: papio

I see the OP edited out his reference to the UP Museum as a credible source to his info.



Date: 02/13/19 17:29
Re: Union Pacific Steam Trips
Author: bankshotone

trainmanwes Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The  Big Boy and 844 will be running special
> trips, In April 2019, 844 will be leading  a
> train starting in Cheyenne  to Ogden for the May
> 10 events. In May 2019 the 4014 will depart with a
> special train to Ogden. Afterwards,  both engines
> will double head back to Cheyenne no date yet.  A
> Omaha to Boone Iowa one way trip no date yet and
> don`t know what steam engine will be used.
>  Remaining tours the first part of July with the
> 4014 on a eastern route while another tour
> beginning in late in September out of Cheyenne for
> the southern routes. Back home in  Cheyenne Wyo,
> in November.
>
> The source for this info Mixed Train  



I am really scratching me head over the "one way trip" from Omaha to Boone Iowa

Posted from Android



Date: 02/15/19 06:40
Re: Union Pacific Steam Trips
Author: HotWater

bankshotone Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> trainmanwes Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The  Big Boy and 844 will be running special
> > trips, In April 2019, 844 will be leading  a
> > train starting in Cheyenne  to Ogden for the
> May
> > 10 events. In May 2019 the 4014 will depart with
> a
> > special train to Ogden. Afterwards,  both
> engines
> > will double head back to Cheyenne no date yet.
>  A
> > Omaha to Boone Iowa one way trip no date yet
> and
> > don`t know what steam engine will be used.
> >  Remaining tours the first part of July with
> the
> > 4014 on a eastern route while another tour
> > beginning in late in September out of Cheyenne
> for
> > the southern routes. Back home in  Cheyenne
> Wyo,
> > in November.
> >
> > The source for this info Mixed Train  
>
>
>
> I am really scratching me head over the "one way
> trip" from Omaha to Boone Iowa

Maybe it's "one way" since there is no turning facilities at Boone?



Date: 02/15/19 06:43
Re: Union Pacific Steam Trips
Author: bankshotone

HotWater Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> bankshotone Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > trainmanwes Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > The  Big Boy and 844 will be running special
> > > trips, In April 2019, 844 will be leading  a
> > > train starting in Cheyenne  to Ogden for the
> > May
> > > 10 events. In May 2019 the 4014 will depart
> with
> > a
> > > special train to Ogden. Afterwards,  both
> > engines
> > > will double head back to Cheyenne no date
> yet.
> >  A
> > > Omaha to Boone Iowa one way trip no date yet
> > and
> > > don`t know what steam engine will be used.
> > >  Remaining tours the first part of July with
> > the
> > > 4014 on a eastern route while another tour
> > > beginning in late in September out of
> Cheyenne
> > for
> > > the southern routes. Back home in  Cheyenne
> > Wyo,
> > > in November.
> > >
> > > The source for this info Mixed Train  
> >
> >
> >
> > I am really scratching me head over the "one
> way
> > trip" from Omaha to Boone Iowa
>
> Maybe it's "one way" since there is no turning
> facilities at Boone?



Unless they turn in ames or Nevada.

I would interpret one way as they are not coming back!

Posted from Android



Date: 02/15/19 07:59
Re: Union Pacific Steam Trips
Author: switchlock

I would guess the passengers would be bussed back from Boone while the train continued on.



Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2


[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0842 seconds