Home Open Account Help 292 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Santa Fe winning a tug-o-war

Date: 02/15/19 00:13
Santa Fe winning a tug-o-war
Author: santafe199

One of the up sides of having an off-the-wall sense of humor is that you never know when an equally off-the-wall scene will cause you to have a comedic reaction. Usually like a guffaw or a chortle, or even a full-blown SNORT! I’ve done ‘em all. The down side is a sudden guffaw or a chortle, or especially a full-blown SNORT can come at a most inopportune time. Such as when you think nobody else is around to witness this human frailty. There are a variety of weird looks & reactions you can get from bystanders (un)lucky enough to be within earshot of your said comedic reaction.

So when this plainly hilarious scene came rolling along I let go with a real rip-snort. Anyone with a lick of RR history would know that the green BN unit was losing a tug of war with the imminent champion Santa Fe. Both units were grinding slowly, but inexorably toward Argentine Yard. But when I realized the sudden, aggressive rearrangement of air molecules centered around my nostrils would undoubtedly be heard by a guy at his pick-up truck about 20 yards away I did an involuntary head snap to see if he had indeed heard what I did.

It turns out that my quick-thinking readiness to point at & blame my camera for the untoward sound went for naught. The guy at his pick-up truck kept his OWN nose pointed into the camper shell & on his own business. Thank goodness for manners in this world currently ripped asunder! (And how was YOUR day… ;^)

1. BNSF 1747 in Santa Fe paint is rolling toward its former home turf in Argentine Yard while BNSF 1693 in BN paint is rolling along backwards away from its former home turf at Murray Yard up in North Kansas City. With only a slight stretch of the imagination one could hypothesize that Santa Fe is winning this tug of war at Old Union Depot Interlocking.
Photo taken February 14, 2019 in Kansas City, MO.

Thanks for looking!
Lance Garrels
santafe199

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/19 00:15 by santafe199.

Date: 02/15/19 05:55
Re: Santa Fe winning a tug-o-war
Author: twjurgens

Looks to me like that BN engine is pushing that SF unit:)

Date: 02/15/19 06:12
Author: BN4364

Isn't that a Burlington Northern SF combo?

Date: 02/15/19 06:44
Author: tomstp

Hey, the winner!  BN-SF.

Date: 02/15/19 07:13
Author: mg8711

twjurgens Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Looks to me like that BN engine is pushing that SF
> unit:)

I agree! Flip the consist and put BN before SF like it should be. :-)
mg8711

Date: 02/15/19 07:58
Author: bmarti7

HA! BB

Date: 02/15/19 08:06
Author: santafe199

Golly Wally! Some off-the-wall replies in perfect harmony (so far) with my own off-the-wall-ness...
What's this world comin' to??? 

:^)

Date: 02/15/19 11:10
Author: railstiesballast

A most excellent photo composition too

Date: 02/15/19 17:24
Author: ATSF90East

It's fun to ride the train today when the train you ride is Santa Fe.  Santa Fe, All the Way!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0432 seconds