Home Open Account Help 398 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > UP passenger special and others on Cajon this morning

Date: 02/16/19 13:44
UP passenger special and others on Cajon this morning
Author: z-trains

With the near constant winter storms hammering California and classes taking up a significant portion of my free time, it's been a hot minute since I was able to get out and take some pictures in good light. With the three day weekend and a southbound passenger special coming down from Roseville today, the stars aligned a bit and quite a few other railfans were out getting both the special and whatever else came on the line. Was great seeing y'all out there!

-An eastbound Z-9 charges up track 3 with the snow covered San Gabriels in the background. A minute or two later they would be completely obscured by clouds, timing couldn't be better on this one!
-A few minutes later and a few miles east another Z out of San Bernardino drifts downgrade through Martinez, with a westbound Z on track 3 in the background by the spur.
-After an hour or so waiting the star of the show came around the bend at Hivolt behind a decent looking Tier IV GE. Time to chase!

-Zach

Date: 02/16/19 13:47
Re: UP passenger special and others on Cajon this morning
Author: z-trains

-Got skunked by the lighting here but it was still definitely not the shot I had originally intended when we pulled up to the bridge at Devore! The slow order north of Dike kept the train out of the sun unfortunately but I still think the subject matter, a particularly full Cajon Creek, more than makes up for it
-Few miles down the line at Slover, there was a crowd of railfans waiting for it at the Mill Street overpass and for good reason!
-Finally, an artsy shot of a set of retired ex LA Metro Nippon Sharyo P865 cars on a spur track in Colton. Any idea where this set is going to?

-Zach

Date: 02/16/19 14:15
Author: the_expediter

Beautiful Images All...THX...Steve in cloudy Grossmont, CA

Date: 02/16/19 14:31
Author: GBW309

#1 for the money!  

Dave

Date: 02/16/19 15:02
Author: SN711

Beautiful shots.

Is the UP sending the passenger cars to scrap now since there would be no need with PSR?

Gaty

Posted from iPhone

Date: 02/16/19 15:50
Author: TheNavigator

I like that "layered effect" combined with the lighting of #1!
GK

Date: 02/16/19 15:56
Author: usmc1401

The Metro car is being parted out by the OERM. They have one like it in Perris now.

Date: 02/17/19 00:24
Author: zfan

Well done!!

Date: 02/17/19 05:47
Author: ns1000

Nice pics!!  I also REALLY like Pic 1!!

Date: 02/17/19 07:27
Author: SP8595

Fantastic shots! #1 Rocks and neat idea on #4!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0511 seconds