Home Open Account Help 316 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > San Jac multi-modal facility

Date: 02/16/19 15:04
San Jac multi-modal facility
Author: z-trains

Perusing the March Joint Powers Authority grand plan revealed a section on "Rail and Goods Movement".  This is in reference to the redevelopment of March ARB property along the I-215 corridor in the Riverside, CA area.  To my knowledge, much if not all of the ability of BNSF to serve new industries in this redevelopment area was eliminated by the "Friends of the Riverside Hills" who sued to limit freight rail traffic on this SCAX owned trackage.  But as shown in the attachment, there is a goal of developing a "multi-modal" facility on the San Jac line and the MJPA is slated to disband in 2020.  Does anyone know how realistic this is and if so, where would it go?  About 15 years ago, BNSF had its eye on developing an intermodal facility somewhere on this line but that talk quickly faded.

Thanks for your help with this.

Paul

Date: 02/16/19 18:41
Re: San Jac multi-modal facility
Author: CPRR

How can the sue to stop freight? I thought only the state or feds could do that. What a waste of taxpayer money. So instead of a weekly train let’s say, if any developments happen at the base, it will alway be trucks. Way to go CA nimby’s.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 02/16/19 20:27
Author: mundo

I am nost sure on the freight issue. Will ask some folks.  Yes, they played hell with the passenger trains and kept a most useful stop from being built.

With Box Springs grade, its not a cheap freight line to operate and with fewer and fewer carloads business, can not see it.

Date: 02/18/19 19:53
Author: PHall

With the San Bernardino Intermodal Ramp only 30 miles away, is there a need?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0452 seconds