Home Open Account Help 195 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > The Monster DASH

Date: 03/18/19 19:02
The Monster DASH
Author: KB5WK

Went to Wylie World this last Sunday in hope of catching a new T4 Gevo KCS5005 lead the M-DASH to Shreveport.  That didnt happen but I decided oh well. I am here. Might well get a few shots. Haven't done a video in a long time. It was time to brush up on my video skills.  

KCS 4003 leads the M-DASH-17 with a very lengthy train. Maybe it was a Double DASH. Departing Wylie TX on 03/17/19.

Video at Copeville TX.  476 axles by the Detector at T194.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/19 19:13 by KB5WK.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 03/18/19 19:10
Re: The Monster DASH
Author: 3rdswitch

Love these shots of the KCS at Wylie. Where exactly do the NS UP run through intermodals leave the KCS main? And, is the line to Metro only used by the KCS UPS connector train or are there others? Thanks.
JB

Date: 03/18/19 20:38
Author: SCKP187

Nice to see the large blocks of boxcars.  Nice video work.
Brian Stevens

Date: 03/19/19 03:24
Author: KB5WK

UP NS run through intermodal trains use the KCS speedway at Shreveport to Meridian MS.  They dont run them in Texas.

KCS doesn't have intermodal UPS trains to the BNSF Metro jct anymore.  That ended about 2 years ago. The only time we might see a run through intermodal train would be a detour to Metro.

KCS intermodal business has grown since Wylie yard expansion. Beside the I-ATDA and I-ATDA2 intermodal trains from Atlanta to Dallas. They now have a I-MYDA (Monterrey MX) ... I-SLDA (San Luis MX) ... I-NODA (New Orleans) 

3rdswitch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Love these shots of the KCS at Wylie. Where
> exactly do the NS UP run through intermodals leave
> the KCS main? And, is the line to Metro only used
> by the KCS UPS connector train or are there
> others? Thanks.
> JB

Date: 03/19/19 08:05
Author: ntharalson

Nice stuff.  Didn't know there were still any "gray ghosts" on the KCS shown in still photo.

Nick Tharalson,
Marion, IA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/19 08:36 by ntharalson.

Date: 03/19/19 09:55
Author: HomerBedloe

It was a graveyard smash!

Date: 03/19/19 11:53
Author: ns1000

I enjoyed the video...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0479 seconds