Home Open Account Help 221 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > New vistas in the Sacramento River Canyon

Date: 04/11/19 14:22
New vistas in the Sacramento River Canyon
Author: photobob

I got a call from Clive Wright this morning to ask if I wanted to chase a southbound. Of course the answer was yes and off we went in pursuit of 8970 south. These shots were taken at the north switch of Delta in a location once being a thick forest. Well the fire"s have taken their toll on the forest but opened up locations never before available. Here is UP8970 south rolling along the Sacramento River at Delta this afternoon. Who needs a drone?

Robert Morris
Dunsmuir, CA
Robert Morris Photography

Date: 04/11/19 15:03
Re: New vistas in the Sacramento River Canyon
Author: Ritzville

Very NICE shots!!

Larry

Date: 04/11/19 15:43
Author: DKay

Real nice shots Bob.It's just ashame about the fire devistation.How long before you start to see regeneration in that area.I guess it depends on the heat of the fire.

Regards,dK

Date: 04/11/19 20:26
Author: SPgoletablock

Wildfires are a bitch, but on the positive side it makes for a open view which you greatly exploited!

Date: 04/11/19 22:49
Author: coach

In the 2nd photo, it looks like even the trees way, way in the background were burned?  Is that so??  If so, what a huge shame.  Lots of lost lumber that could have employed many people in good jobs.

Date: 04/12/19 13:56
Author: ns1000

I like Pic 2!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0323 seconds