Home Open Account Help 260 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Surprise at Pueblo Jct Colo today

Date: 04/16/19 19:30
Surprise at Pueblo Jct Colo today
Author: msns2557

Hey All,  Well today we had to take a friend to Pueblo for an early morning Dr Appt. While he waited at the appt we, ns2557 and myself that is, went out for about 1hr or so while we waited to get him and go back home. While on our way to check out our normal haunts, the first one we went to was Pueblo Jct. Seem to always find something here waiting, either coming up from the south or in from the north thru the yard.  After catching a n EB Compass wise Coal Load and a vehicle train up from the south, next train was this surprise.

BNSF SD70ACe 8755 leads a 3 car Geometry Train east thru the Jct. First car was a NEXGENRail the 102 I believe,the name escapes me, but an interesting car. Last 2 on this short one were BNSF 85 and 86. Saw a few gents on the 86 as it went past us.  Not often I see these types of trains. Guess if I hang around my hubby I will see these types and more. Another great day around the Pblo area. We did see an SP C44AC Patch at the UP Side, the 6236. Another nice surprise.  

Thanks all for taking a gander at my shot.  Do take care all, and be well.   Kristie.

Date: 04/16/19 19:35
Re: Surprise at Pueblo Jct Colo today
Author: miralomarail

A beautiful way to end a day

Date: 04/16/19 20:27
Author: handcar

I caught this train at Manazola and I had no camera
thank you for your great picture..

Date: 04/16/19 21:37
Author: slug96

Tied down in La Junta by the Amtrak Depot.

Date: 04/17/19 06:11
Author: bobk

Nice catch!

Date: 04/17/19 06:23
Author: MEKoch

Next Gen car looks like a UP 10-6 slpr.  

Date: 04/17/19 07:58
Author: ntharalson

I believe the NextGen car is unmanned.  Curious as to why it would be running with a couple of manned cars.  And didn't
the BNSF recent outshop a similar car from Topeka?  

Nick Tharalson,
Marion, IA

Date: 04/17/19 07:59
Author: ns2557

The NexGen car is NXGX 380. Michael Harding. Car has capabilities to inspect rail at speed. Ben

Posted from Android

Date: 04/17/19 15:13
Author: SD45X

NEX and ACe disappeared. Test cars on Raton sub again next week. West side a couple days to boot.

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0612 seconds