Home Open Account Help 326 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Miss Katy through Cheyenne today

Date: 04/16/19 20:31
Miss Katy through Cheyenne today
Author: highgreengraphics

UP 1988, the M-K-T Heritage unit, led a CSXT and two UP units on the colorful westbound ZG2OA-15 today through Cheyenne, WY. Photo 1 - Weak sun as the Oakland-bound stacker rolls through the absolute signals at Barnett, WY east of Cheyenne. Photo 2 - Leaving Cheyenne beneath the C&S Bridge. Photo 3 -  Stopping on Main 2 at Borie to meet an eastbound Stack train taking the Borie Cutoff.  

One mooore...

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/19 21:32 by highgreengraphics.

Date: 04/16/19 21:34
Re: Miss Katy through Cheyenne today
Author: highgreengraphics

Photo 4 - Heeling around the reverse curve approaching Sherman, WY. I debated going farther west, but looking that direction it was still cloudy, so I did not go. Happy Railfanning! === === = === JLH

Date: 04/17/19 05:18
Author: GPutz

Thanks, Jim, for another great chase.  Just imagine #4014 leading that train.  Gerry

Date: 04/17/19 05:46
Author: Bob3985

Great coverage Jim. I love the photo of the two trains at Borie and the one just below Sherman. Your first photo at Barnett is just south and east of my house. When the weather gets warmer I will start taking walks down to "Bob's Bench" along the Greenway walkpath just east of the College Drive overpass to sit and perhaps catch a train or two.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 04/17/19 06:53
Author: ATSF5669

Like always wonderful pics Jim.  I appreciate you posting these!

Date: 04/17/19 08:11
Author: Conductor_Pappy

Great pictures!  The second one is at my grandson's favorite raod crossing.  Depending on the time of day we sit on the tail gate of my truck and eat donuts and drink pink milk and coffee or eat hotdogs and chips.  Great memories.  We have never seen a heritage unit go by.  I also never had a heritage unit as my lead unit on any of my trains,but I did sit and meet a lot of them.

Date: 04/17/19 17:25
Author: DTrainshooter

The second photo always brings back fond memories for me as well...mid-1970's on Monday nights found me and my railfan buddy 
who was attending CSU at the time parked there enjoying pizza and adult beverages. Only had to be 18 to buy hard liquor in Wyoming
back then. Watched a lot of and I mean a LOT of trains pass by that spot ! And, like valmont, took a lot a pics from the C&S bridge during
our daylight trips to Cheyenne.

Date: 04/17/19 19:27
Author: SP8595

Awesome shots. Really like #3!

Date: 04/17/19 20:21
Author: donner_dude1

NIce Shots HGG  - The Borie shot is my fav. Look at the power variety. 

Date: 04/17/19 20:22
Author: Doodle

Saw it go by the Oakland colesium about 90 mins ago, only had those first 5 cars left. Nice to see how it looked when it was a full size train.

Posted from Android

Date: 04/18/19 03:30
Author: ironmtn

All really excellent. I've always really liked that Katy heritage unit, and it's looking good in these images. The last image near Sherman is my pick. Is that location one that's publicly accessible? I've missed it on previous visits to Sherman Hill.

MC
Muskegon, Michigan

Date: 04/18/19 05:51
Author: 86235

What a great set, I think my favourite is the one at Borie. Thanks.

Date: 04/18/19 15:26
Author: ns1000

Very nice..!!

Date: 04/18/19 21:38
Author: 6432

Saw her in Oakland about 7:30 pm

Posted from iPhone

Date: 04/19/19 06:19
Author: oklachaser

Really great photos.

Ronda Thomas

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0634 seconds