Home Open Account Help 301 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Catching three GE's

Date: 04/17/19 00:57
Catching three GE's
Author: vegasrails

After spending from morning to mid afternoon in a dialysis chair and with warm weather outside. I decided to see what I could find along the rails. Heading south I caught UP 2531 an ES44AH-T4C locomotive a coal drags departing Arden Nevada.
Getting in front of it my first shot as it neared the exit of Bard Canyon, and before entering Sloan Nevada, just behind the hills of the Southern Highlands community, located in Enterprise Nevada.
My second photo is UP 2531 as it approached Erie siding for a meet with an eastbound Manifest.
Continue

Date: 04/17/19 01:03
Re: Catching three GE's
Author: vegasrails

Once UP 2531 and consist cleared Erie. UP 7774 another GE departed Erie siding eastbound, (Photo 3) once part way out of the siding it had to stop on the mainline and reboot breakers in one of the locomotives before continuing, I would catch my second shot as it approached me at Sloan Nevada (Photo 4). This train would cut 11 cars off at Arden, then be stuck in the hole three more times traveling a total of 72 miles (Moapa Nevada) before the crew DOL, then they were bussed to Milford Nevada.
Returning to town I caught my last photo of the day my third GE UP 6030 (Photo 5) entering the Downtown Las Vegas yard limits with a unit train of Dry Bulk Hopper cars in tow. Thanks for looking

Date: 04/17/19 05:39
Author: 3rdswitch

Sweet bunch.
JB

Date: 04/17/19 09:45
Author: ns2557

Nice set of shots. Shot 2 is my fav pic of the set., tho last shot is good also.  Ben

Date: 04/17/19 21:26
Author: mojaveflyer

Nice work, Ken! I like all of them!

James Nelson
Thornton, CO
www.flickr.com/mojaveflyer

Date: 04/18/19 15:27
Author: ns1000

My favorite is Pic 2!!

Date: 04/18/19 21:12
Author: SouthWestRailCams

Nice Series!

SouthWest RailCams
CA, NM, CO, TX, AZ
https://SouthWestRailCams.com

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0335 seconds