Home Open Account Help 319 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > I sure could use a train! (vol #20)

Date: 04/18/19 21:39
I sure could use a train! (vol #20)
Author: santafe199

I got out this afternoon after almost a week of getting a massive amount of file maintenance done. But the lure of huge fluffy-white dumpling clouds in every direction with the temperature in the high 60s got me back behind the viewfinder. I got mixed results, though. Mr Cloud was showing off all kinds of dumpling beauty, but skunked me no less than 3 times. But at the end of the day he was behaving just fine. Probably because he knew there was no train around for miles & miles, when I really needed one.

I guess that’s what they make all of those tomorrows for…

1. 7:55 PM: Looking east from the UPRR/KS hwy 99 crossing.

2. 7:57 PM: Looking west from the UPRR/KS hwy 99 crossing.
(2 photos taken April 18, 2019 in Frankfort, KS)

No luck today…
Lance Garrels
santafe199

Date: 04/18/19 21:49
Re: I sure could use a train! (vol #20)
Author: SouthWestRailCams

Very Nice Shots Lance!   The Photo facing East towards the bridge looks so relaxing.  Thanks for Sharing!

SouthWest RailCams
CA, NM, CO, TX, AZ
https://SouthWestRailCams.com

Date: 04/18/19 22:06

RailFanAZ Wrote: > ...  Very Nice Shots ... so relaxing ...

Thanks, Christina! But funny you should use the word "relaxed". I think about 30% of Frankfort decided to use the crossing I shot from. And I was kinda sorta double-parked on it without flashers going (I'll know better next time). So it was anything but relaxing. A couple of good-Samaritan motorists stopped to see if I was OK. I just showed them my camera and pointed to the moon. I'm quite sure I gave a lot of the good folks of Frankfort something besides the latest farm report to talk about...

City Slicker/199

Date: 04/19/19 05:16
Author: misty1

Really nice pics Lance but if you could use a train I hear the MRL is hiring. Have a great day

Ed

Date: 04/19/19 05:53

misty1 Wrote: > ...  I hear the MRL is hiring ...
Ah yes, (chuckling) I've been that route. 23 years worth. I believe I'll just stay retired... :^)

> ... Have a great day ...
Each day of retirement is indeed a great day, even with the regular morning chore of having to decide exactly how I'm going to goof off the next several hours...

Lance/199 

Date: 04/19/19 15:44
Author: ns1000

santafe199 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Each day of retirement is indeed a great day, even
> with the regular morning chore of having to decide
> exactly how I'm going to goof off the next several
> hours...
>
> Lance/199 

I wish I had that problem...:</

Nice photos...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0515 seconds