|Home||Open Account||Help||217 users online|
Western Railroad Discussion > Two Locals in a Row?
Date: 05/14/19 19:44
Two Locals in a Row?
I caught two BNSF mixed freight trains on the Ottumwa Sub this evening at Agency, Iowa. Both looked like the usual eastbound local, the L-CHI664, that usually goes through here around this time of day. I'm wondering if there were two 664s this evening, or if one was something else.
1) The first train coming to the top of the grade in Agency.
2) GP38-2 HLCX 1072 leading.
3) GP50 BNSF 3147 trailing.
Date: 05/14/19 20:06
Re: Two Locals in a Row?
It was almost half an hour before the next train showed up, which meant it was more than twenty minutes after sunset. I'm not as good in low light, so apologies now. This train did some work in the Ottumwa Yard, so this one at least should be a 664.
4) The second train splits between the lights of a railroad crossing as it rounds the bend.
5) This one also had Geeps pulling it; a trio this time. GP38-2 HLCX 3813 leading.
6) GP39-2(?) BNSF 2874 and GP38-2 HLCX 1040 are the trailing units.