Home Open Account Help 303 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > KCS 4006 in Pueblo yesterday

Date: 05/24/19 09:41
KCS 4006 in Pueblo yesterday
Author: msns2557

We got word on Wednesday that BNSF had a SB train that had the KCS Veterans Unit in it's consist. After debating whether or not we would venture to Pueblo and perhaps get a shot or 2, we decided to go and see what we might luck into. The weather was very wet, lot's of rain, but by the time we got out of town it had mostly stopped. Mr Sol, did not make an appearance tho the whole day. We found the train sitting north of the 29th St Crossing in Pueblo waiting for traffic to clear ahead of it. Managed the first shot up there. Looked good. Some talk on the radio let us know that it might be moving ahead into the yard, we took off for there.

Shot 2.  This is the BNSF 6200S which is the leader on the train. This shot shows it just north of the switches at Canon City Jct in the yard at Pueblo.

Thought we did good catching this one. BNSF set it out along with the BNSF 9367 which was just ahead of it in the yard. But we had things to get done back home and left for there.  Hope everyone is doing well, Take care all. Kristie

Date: 05/24/19 09:44
Re: KCS 4006 in Pueblo yesterday
Author: miralomarail

As a Veteran , I thank you
Tom Hirsch
Cherry Valley, Ca

Date: 05/24/19 14:38
Author: tomstp

I know and appreciate the fact it is for veterens.  But, I must say it looks like something that came out of Mexico.

Date: 05/24/19 16:50
Author: GP25

Where is KCS 4006 today?

I kinda hoping to see it pass through Flagstaff and Barstow.

Jerry Martin
Los Angeles, CA
Central Coast Railroad Festival

Date: 05/24/19 16:57
Author: ns2557

GP25 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Where is KCS 4006 today?
>
> I kinda hoping to see it pass through Flagstaff
> and Barstow.
>  

Unit was set out in Pueblo Colo not long after we took the shots here. As far as I know, it's still there.  Ben

Date: 05/24/19 17:35
Author: callum_out

Does it look better in bright sun? As far as veterans go, that thing looks as confused as the VA!

Out

Date: 05/27/19 12:49
Author: KickingHorse

callum_out Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does it look better in bright sun? 

Jan 25, 2019
Eastbound through Canmore, Alberta
Mile 66.1
CP Laggan Sub

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0521 seconds