Home Open Account Help 309 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > TexRail FLIRT moving to Texas

Date: 06/03/19 19:58
TexRail FLIRT moving to Texas
Author: cozephyr

Stadler FLIRT (Fast Light Intercity and Regional Train; GermanFlinker Leichter Intercity- und Regional-Triebzug) is a passenger multiple unit trainset made by Stadler Rail of Switzerland.  This TexRail train set was built at Stadler's Salt Lake City, Utah, complex.

Southbound BNSF train had TexRail cars behind the locomotives at LoDo Siding, Denver, CO, 3 June 2019.

TEXRail (also known as the Tarrant Express Railway) is a commuter rail line in Tarrant County, TexasUnited States that provides service between downtown Fort Worth and DFW International Airport via Grapevine and other Tarrant County communities. It is operated by Trinity Metro (formerly Fort Worth Transportation Authority) and started service on January 10, 2019.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/19 20:00 by cozephyr.

Date: 06/03/19 20:46
Re: TexRail FLIRT moving to Texas
Author: atsf121

That’s the Spike set that was at the Stadler open house. The flatcars to carry it were sitting outside. Bummer I didn’t know when they were leaving. Glad you caught some photos of them.

I’m curious if BNSF picks them up directly from Stadler. Or does Utah Railway grab them, I’ve seen them drop tank cars for the SLG&W. Or does UP grab them and interchange at Provo?

Nathan

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0442 seconds