Home Open Account Help 291 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Flood Results--Empty Tracks, Empty Pockets . . .

Date: 06/04/19 20:23
Flood Results--Empty Tracks, Empty Pockets . . .
Author: SCKP187

Took a short jaunt this morning from Tulsa up to check on the UP Wagoner and Coffeyville Subs and scouted Oologah, Nowata, Lenapah and Coffeyville.
Just as I reached Coffeyville I caught up with the only train in the area--an empty coal train from the Oologah OK power plant.
I was totally shocked at the yard office to see the entire yard tracks bare with the exception of a ballast car and a car of panel track.  All the switch engine power is gone as well as the usual 2 units of protection power and power for the local.
All the rails are rusted from non-use except for the Main.
I havn't ever seen it this desolate--even back in the 70s when the MoP was only running 1 Houston-KC train.
I'm not sure if the switching was moved to Osawatomie KS or Neff Yard during last week's flood evacuation, but it sure looks bad for the affected emplyees at this time.
There is still a lot of repair work to be done from Little Rock to Coffeyville before any regular traffic can resume.  Places such as Braggs OK and Ft Gibson are still under water.
Between some automotive air-condition service this morning, gas, and the lack of any other trains to shoot, I figure I've got about $212.00 in this photo.
1. UP 2533-6284 mt coal Coffeyville KS June 4 2019
Thanks for looking
Brian Stevens

Date: 06/04/19 21:38
Re: Flood Results--Empty Tracks, Empty Pockets . . .
Author: dan

at least you have got your a/c ready now

Date: 06/04/19 22:08
Author: Ritzville

Thanks Brian for the interesting narritive and picture.

Larry

Date: 06/05/19 15:11
Author: King_Coal

Each photo has a virtue like art. I guess this is a "still life." Thanks for sharing.

Date: 06/05/19 21:04
Author: BNSF-6432

That sure is an interesting sight. Thanks for sharing.

PQM

Date: 06/06/19 07:12
Author: BAB

Anyone with why that would be ars Klamath Falls OR seems to always have there yards with plenty of cars.  Even have a siding full of box cars north of there too that have been sitting since last year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/19 07:18 by BAB.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0422 seconds