Home Open Account Help 354 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > I sure could use a train! (vol #21)

Date: 06/07/19 04:39
I sure could use a train! (vol #21)
Author: santafe199

I left the Roundtable Dinner last night in North Kansas City, MO looking up at an interesting bank of clouds. It looked like a killer sunset might be on the way. A special photo location came to mind. The only question was: ‘did I have time to get there before the sunset was past its prime?’ I got right into the asset hauling business and ran west toward Lawrence in a mostly legal manner. It was on my way home, anyhow.

Just send me a train, in either direction, and I’ll know what to do with it. I made it in time. But as you can see my Indy-500 effort was all for naught. Uncle Pete sent me NO trains. I even performed one of my patented “ooga-booga” dances. Not even a hint of a train. I felt like I was all dressed up with no place to go...

1. & 2. Looking northwest (RR timetable west) from the Alexander Rd crossing at Mud Creek east of Lawrence, KS. Instead of composing sunset silhouettes of some diesel locomotive consist rumbling over this crossing I just stood there on the planks burning sunset pixels. Alone at the altar once more…
(2 pathetically train-less images shot @ 8:48 PM on June 6, 2019)

Heckuva try!
Lance Garrels
santafe199

Date: 06/07/19 05:03
Re: I sure could use a train! (vol #21)
Author: valmont

Why? : >)

Date: 06/07/19 08:46
Re: I sure could use a train! (vol #21)
Author: Ritzville

Wow, your killer sunset sure makes up for having no train!

Larry

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0528 seconds