Home Open Account Help 368 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Mission Mountain Railroad

Date: 06/09/19 16:12
Mission Mountain Railroad
Author: Ohiorailfan

Hello,I was wondering if anyone knew the operations of the Mission Mountain Railroad near Columbia Falls, Montana?

Thanks

Posted from Android

Date: 06/09/19 17:25
Re: Mission Mountain Railroad
Author: bmarti7

Ohiorailfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello,I was wondering if anyone knew the
> operations of the Mission Mountain Railroad near
> Columbia Falls, Montana?
>
> Thanks
>
> Posted from Android

pm misty1-Ed can help you.

BB

Date: 06/10/19 07:28
Author: aehouse

In the process of abandoning the line into Kalispell, with the industries served relocating to a new industrial park.

Art House

Date: 06/10/19 08:00
Author: jpf94

what industries will relocate and where is the new industrial park?

Date: 06/10/19 12:17
Author: TCnR

Didn't know that was the name of the operation. Drove through there a few weeks ago and saw the power sitting not far from the road, I believe I was at the Weyerhaeuser Mill at Columbia Falls but the power was parked south of the road crossing. I thought the power was sitting at a Cement plant or maybe a grain mill but I haven't found it on Google Maps. This was new Territory for me, didn't have time to go back and check it out.

+ Maybe just south of 9th st which is apparently hiway 2. Google shows a number of cars and a couple of locomotives sitting there, maybe that's what I saw.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/19 12:22 by TCnR.

Date: 06/10/19 18:52
Author: monaddave

Don't know all the customers that are moving, other than CHS, but here's a good idea of what's going on...

http://www.kalispellcoreandrail.com/glacier-rail-park.html

Mission Mountain (MMT) also operates the Eureka, MT to Stryker, MT line. Power is kept in Eureka and operates a few days a week. 

Dave in Msla

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0344 seconds