Home Open Account Help 222 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western Point Richmond, California

Date: 06/15/19 18:23
SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western Point Richmond, California
Author: DFWJIM

I am going to be staying at this hotel next weekend which is next to the BNSF line that goes into the Port of Richmond auto unloading/loading area. Reading the reviews about the hotel there were quite a few comments about the noise from the the trains going in and out of the yard. How many trains use this line and what times do they usually run? I guess I am one of the few guests who would appreciate staying near the tracks...LOL

Date: 06/15/19 20:47
Re: SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western Point Richmond, Californi
Author: stash

A connection between the BNSF yard and auto loading facility. Not that many trains.

Posted from Android

Date: 06/15/19 21:22
Author: atsf121

It’s probably the noise of any switching moves that bugs people. As was mentioned, it’s not a through track. Don’t know the hours though so that could be part of it too - I’m one of those who can sleep though the train noise at night.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 06/15/19 22:22
Author: SN711

The line going to the auto faculty curves past the hotel on one side, but the switching lead at the west end of the yard passes directly behind. They probably use that on all shifts everyday.

Gary

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.025 seconds