Home Open Account Help 332 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > My All-Time Bestest Grab Shot

Date: 07/11/19 11:33
My All-Time Bestest Grab Shot
Author: bmarti7

With another beautiful day I was hoping to shoot a train on the BNSF Missouri River Bridge between Mandan and Bismarck. As I left the workplace parking lot, the scanner had a lot of chatter. So my strategy was the quickest way to the bridge, with lunch included, which meant a grab and go at Micky D's. I parked south of the bridge off River Road. As I ate and waited, no train. It was time to head back to work so our front office staff could take off for lunch. After traffic cleared, I entered River Road northbound and there it was, just beginning across the Mandan side of the bridge. I checked my rear mirror and there was no approaching, northward traffic (a miracle indeed). I slowly came to a stop, waited, and still no traffic. So I got the shot through the tinted windshield. Amazing!

The dash cam video begins as I pass the access road for BNSF MOW vehicles. You can see the train approaching from the left. Thanks for looking. I hope your day is as blessed as mine has been already..

BB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/19 14:21 by bmarti7.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 07/11/19 11:50
Re: My All-Time Bestest Grab Shot
Author: rrartist

Pretty neat image Bill! I've scored the big goose egg today, so I'm home working on another painting :)

Date: 07/11/19 13:09
Author: Ritzville

A very cool shot and video Bill! Like the two EMD's on the point.

Larry

Date: 07/11/19 21:01
Author: mojaveflyer

Sometimes timing is everything Bill! Nice catch...

James Nelson
Thornton, CO
www.flickr.com/mojaveflyer

Date: 07/11/19 21:14
Author: bbethmann

Love the video...... almost felt like I was there.

BB in Spokane

Posted from iPhone

Date: 07/11/19 21:54
Author: DonWinslow

Great video BB.

Don Winslow
Glendora, CA
http://www.donwinslow.net/Railroads

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0339 seconds