Home Open Account Help 264 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > We have lost a great SP fan and modeler "Tinytrains"

Date: 07/12/19 09:12
We have lost a great SP fan and modeler "Tinytrains"
Author: czuleget

We have lost one of the best trainorders contributors, SP Historical society members and Modeler.  He went by Tinytrains here on train orders .
 My heart is heavy with sadness today as I read that Scott Schifer has passed on. Scott was a fighter for many in many fields and his passion for trains, both modeling and the real deal was no exception.
Scott was a long time member of the Belmont Shore Railroad Club in San Pedro as well. 

Scott, as many of you know, he retired from Raytheon as an electrical engineer and one short month later finds out he has Terminal lung Cancer from a cough he went to see the Doctor about.  Scott never smoked a day in his life. Scotts battle was fought for almost two years. His family was at his side here in Torrance when he passed peacefully. 
Scott fought a tough battle.  I know we all prayed that he would win. Sadly he lost his battle to this awful disease on Thursday.  My heart goes out to the Schifer family and Scott's wife Ann in this tough time.     
Scott was 60. 

High Green Scott.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/19 07:38 by czuleget.

Date: 07/12/19 10:29
Re: We have lost a great SP fan and modeler "Tinytrains"
Author: calsubd

R I P Scott, Condolences to Ann and family !

Ed Stewart
Jacksonville, FL

Date: 07/12/19 12:08
Author: WP805A

RIP Scott-Condolences to his wife Ann and family and to the Members of The Belmont shore N-Scale club

Dave Dodds
San Dimas, CA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/19 12:11 by WP805A.

Date: 07/12/19 14:43
Author: funnelfan

Mesothelioma?? My Dad is also dying of this terrible disease that has no cure.. He was exposed to abestoes working in the bowels of a US Navy aircraft carrier as an electrician during the Vietnam War. 

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 07/12/19 16:06
Author: 3rdswitch

Unfortunate news, condolences to his family and friends.
JB

Date: 07/12/19 16:58
Author: callum_out

Not good news at all, it's a shame to lose one so dedicated to both hobbies and certainly
not the reward for retiring. RIP, we'll remember you.

Out

Date: 07/12/19 17:46
Author: goneon66

may our Heavenly Father comfort him and his family..............

Date: 07/13/19 12:22

Here is a picture of Scott in better times.  1959 - 2019 

Date: 07/14/19 00:03
Author: David.Curlee

Great post, Tony.

I received the same e-mail you did.  The day before Scott died, we exchanged messages about me visiting him in the hospital this weekend.  I had no idea he was so close to death.  So sad.

Date: 07/14/19 07:06

David yes, it was a shock to us all.  Scott sent a note on the clubs io chat roomThursday morning. He said he was tired and was going to Torrance Memorial to see f they could help him. Later that night he passed.  Our club has lost 3 member this year, its hit our club members hard.  The gentleman in the back of Scott in this picture is Bill Costly he past earlier this year.  

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/19 13:57 by czuleget.

Date: 07/15/19 18:06
Author: UPJeff

From all of us at Railmaster Hobbies we send our condolences. Scott was a great customer and just a nice person. Prayers to his family.

Posted from Android

Jeff Smith
Lakewood, CA
RailMaster Hobbies

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0521 seconds