Home Open Account Help 352 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BM&LP, another Sunday adventure

Date: 07/21/19 08:59
BM&LP, another Sunday adventure
Author: fbe

After Saturday's early departure I planned to arrive at the plant early. I have been buying gas and sandwiches at the Conoco at Copperfield Rd jct but when I stopped at 0545 they did not open until 0600. I drove to the plant and @0555 the train was there and units were in the house. I decided to run back for gas and when I got back @ 0635 the train was GONE! I headed on 98 to the BIA 21 jct at Kaelbeto and was enough ahead of the train I could drive in on 6261 a couple of miles for one of those release the seatbelt, slam on the brakes, car in park, throw the door open with camera in hand photos. By the time I got back to the pavement the train was way ahead. I caught it when it arrived at the loadout @ 0830 so a 2 hr run.

Note at the 0630 plant pass one of the original single cab rwb E60C units was parked outside the doors on the south side of the engine shed.

Date: 07/21/19 10:56
Re: BM&LP, another Sunday adventure

Mty coal arrives at loadout 0830

Finish loading 0915

Air test and leave 0935

Tall bridge 1015

Culvert road crossing 1035

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/19 10:57 by fbe.

Date: 07/21/19 14:55
Author: goneon66

fbe, 

thanks for taking the time and effort to bring us this info..........

Date: 07/21/19 15:01

Everyone is welcome chasing one train on a single track railroad is a lot more work than I expected. The time stamps are a lot of help once you know the train is moving.

Date: 07/21/19 16:42

Afternoon train

Units 034, 036, 038

Cow Springs 4:00 pm

Loadout 4:45 pm

Begin loading 5:20 pm
This delay is partly due to staging pantographs. There is no trolley wire inside the tipple such as there is around the loading track. The pans on the lead 2 are dropped. The 3rd pan on the rear loco is left up to collect current to pull the train through the tipple. As the lead units come out and get under wire the pans are put up and the rear pan is dropped before it dewires inside the tipple. I don't know if this is automated or a laborer walks through the locomotives to operate the controls manually.

End loading, air test then depart loadout 6:00 pm

Cow Springs 6:35 pm.

Train was over a mile ahead of the culvert overpass so I bagged the end of the day.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/19 20:17 by fbe.

Date: 07/21/19 19:41
Author: callum_out

The coal chutes, the falling coal and the wire don't seem to coexist well Who would have believed that
the Deseret would outlive the BM&LP.

Out

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.3035 seconds