Home Open Account Help 388 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > KCS information....(hopefully)

Date: 07/22/19 15:56
KCS information....(hopefully)
Author: Txtrainman60

I'm well aware it's like pulling teeth on this site to get any KCS info due to location I guess. I recently watched a YouTube video without narration or ANY information regarding trains or locations but the subject matter is what caught my attention. Massive manifest trains with unbeliveable locomotive consists! One had three on the head end with Five DPU units!!! Another train had four on the head-end amd three mid-train DPUs. I assume trains of this size has everything to do with PSR. Would anyone have information on What symbols these trains might have been? The guy seemed to have shot the whole 20 min.video in one general area but I have no idea if this was on the KCS mainline or anywhere on the Meridain speedway..

Date: 07/22/19 16:50
Re: KCS information....(hopefully)
Author: jayman

link to the video, or name?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/19 16:54 by jayman.

Date: 07/23/19 04:52
Author: Vicksburg_Route

A Link to the video would be helpful, however, in all my years of watching the Meridian Speedway, I have never seen more than 2 locomotives on the rear of a train in DPU service between Shreveport, Louisiana and Meridian, Mississippi.  In one specific case, a loaded crude oil train bound for Tuscaloosa, Alabama had CP power in a 2x2 configuration as it travelled the Meridian Speedway.  A 5 unit DPU would be rare almost anywhere, but almost unheard of on the Meridian Speeday.  Having said that, and being familiar with the rest of the KCS system north of the US-Mexico border, I would suspect the video was shot somewhere north of Shreveport, probably in the vicinity of Heavener, Oklahoma.  If you'll provide a link, I'll certainly try to help you identifiy it.  

Date: 07/23/19 07:10
Author: Sneebly

If there is a parallel 2 lane highway, and there are visible hills in the background, then it is likely Rich Mountain, which goes from Page OK to Rich Mountain AR a distance of around (not sure of the following) of around 15-20 miles at a grade of 1.5%.  Otherwise it is  probably between Pittsburg  KS and De Queen AR which is where ail extra dpu's are added or subtracted.  The extra dp units could be returning to Pittsburg if the train is a NB.

Sneebly

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0404 seconds