Home Open Account Help 377 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Locals on the Peavine

Date: 08/13/19 19:21
Locals on the Peavine
Author: arizonaBNSF

Got word yesterday that there were two FURX lease units on the BNSF M-PHXMAT local so I decided to head out of Phoenix today to do some investigating. What I found out is that one of the FURX units, the one that was on the WB point of the train, was gone and replaced with BNSF 537, but the EB leader was still there. ARZC was also delayed today so I managed to catch them in Wickenburg, AZ, heading toward Castle Hot Springs to do the interchange, something I like to do because of the good light on the WB train, but is sometimes difficult to accomplish with the typical early morning arrival of that train at CHS. The Phoenix Sub was dripping with MOW crews today so they must have some serious work planned for the Peavine.

1. FURX 5529 and the BNSF local patiently wait at Castle Hot Springs for the ARZC to show up. 
2. Another shot of FURX 5529. Other than the occasional Citirail unit, lease power isn't too common on the Peavine, so the recent influx of FURX power is very much liked.
3. BNSF 1757 looks good in fresh paint. 

Date: 08/13/19 19:25
Re: Locals on the Peavine

4 & 5. ARZC 3998 leads two other G&W orange ARZC units through Wickenburg. First time for me to not see any green/white ARZC power on this train.
6. A short time later, the ARZC local rolls to a stop to begin interchanging with BNSF at Castle Hot Springs. 

Date: 08/13/19 20:29
Author: spdesertdog

Saw that 5529 unit on the 2nd at mojave with its sister 5510 on a westbound BNSF train.....

Posted from Android

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/19 20:29 by spdesertdog.

Date: 08/13/19 20:30
Author: callum_out

What the heck are those? I haven't been down there in a while, ex-RCP&E SD40s?

Out

Date: 08/13/19 20:39

callum_out Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What the heck are those? I haven't been down there
> in a while, ex-RCP&E SD40s?
>
> Out

ARZC 3998 and ARZC 3999 (3rd unit) are ex. RCPE 6434 and 6414, not neccessarly in that order. The 2nd unit, ARZC 3996 is the ex. ARZC 4003. 

Date: 08/13/19 20:44
Author: callum_out

Thank you for that, I'd run down to Parker but I'm afraid my tires would melt, course
the predicted for Thursday is only 116.

Out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/19 09:49 by callum_out.

Date: 08/14/19 04:10
Author: Hookdragkick

Interesting news on the FURX power. I haven't seen any power moves. I was able to walk through the 1757 last month I believe. It was pretty clean, and I'm surprised they left it a Dash 2, otherwise it could of lent some horsepower. 

Date: 08/14/19 06:25
Author: 3rdswitch

Nice catches for sure. Sad and teary eyed as this is first shot I have seen of solid orange on A&C  :-(
JB

Date: 08/14/19 19:18
Author: SouthWestRailCams

Great Catch and Series!

SouthWest RailCams
CA, NM, CO, TX, AZ
https://SouthWestRailCams.com

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.054 seconds